Got a job offer from FedEx.

MassWineGuy

And just which crown jewel of upstate NY do you live in? I'm from NY CIty, so anywhere you can name is probably just some backwater hick town waiting to be wired for electricity. Have you ever considered becoming a therapist? You have such a positive, friendly way with others.

Zeliwin

Fall River is a dump.

haha, not the highlands. You obviously dont know what your talking about.

And im not looking for a career ir a perm job, just sonething part time that is easy/fun. I have a career with great benefits, just looking to fill up time, with a job I can take a week off if I need to for a vacation.

Zeliwin

So my question stands unanswered for the most part.

Should i make the Manager aware if my felony since he will find out anyway, or just let it stand and wait to see what happens? Im seeing him tomorrow to finish paperwork.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

haha, not the highlands. You obviously dont know what your talking about.

And im not looking for a career ir a perm job, just sonething part time that is easy/fun. I have a career with great benefits, just looking to fill up time, with a job I can take a week off if I need to for a vacation.

I am from that part if the world originally so I know from what I speak.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
So my question stands unanswered for the most part.

Should i make the Manager aware if my felony since he will find out anyway, or just let it stand and wait to see what happens? Im seeing him tomorrow to finish paperwork.
In all other circumstances I'd say 'honesty is the best policy', but this is FedEx we're talking about here, so that axiom doesn't apply.

If I were you I'd go the 'don't ask, don't tell' route and hope for the best. As has been previously noted, it's no great loss if it doesn't work out. I'd be telling you different if it were 1984 or even 1994, rather than 2014.

Express Courier

I would have mentioned it on the application or whatever you had to initially fill out. But since you've gone this far I'd just roll the dice and not say anything.

8up

does your current employer know about your felony? maybe ask someone in your H.R. group how the law works in your state as far as answering that question on the application. some states limit it by asking "in the past 5 (or maybe 10) years have you been convicted of a felony. they may even be more specific as to what time of felony charge. so check, perhaps a knowledgeable H.R. person might have a correct and helpful answer.

vantexan

Most likely they know exactly who you are from this thread. Were you asked about any criminal convictions on your application? If so and you said no then you may have put yourself in jeopardy of being fired. Or having the job offer withdrawn. FedEx mgrs will look newhires in the eye and tell them they'll top out in 7-8 years, knowing it isn't true. But if an employee is ever caught in any falsification he usually gets the hook pretty quickly. They can no longer trust you in their view. I'd tell them, afterall you were a minor.

vantexan

does your current employer know about your felony? maybe ask someone in your H.R. group how the law works in your state as far as answering that question on the application. some states limit it by asking "in the past 5 (or maybe 10) years have you been convicted of a felony. they may even be more specific as to what time of felony charge. so check, perhaps a knowledgeable H.R. person might have a correct and helpful answer.
Should've read your post first!

Zeliwin

Thanks for the honest answers guys.

And in the state of Mass, applications can't ask you about your criminal background, I usually tell all of my employers at the interviews. But this time around I forgot to tell them. The question was never asked. I believe that "honesty is the best policy" and so far my felony has never held me back. So I think I will go that route. I would rather be told today that it disqualify me, rather then finding out 30 days from now.

I currently deliver for Dunkin Donuts bro, I deliver 1350 cases weighing an average of 40 pounds up and down stairs all day on a wheeler with 200+lbs on it. delieverying door to door some packages, driving around down in a van/box truck listening to some music seems pretty fun to me :). Again, I'm not looking for a career just a job to get me out of the house that's easy to do.

Thanks for all the honest answers guys appreciate it, I'll let you all know what happens so everyone will know for future references the "felon" question.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Mark my words.
Come this peak season, they're gonna want you to work a lot more often than you can with your other job. I bet you'll have to give up one of them. I'd give up FDX.

Zeliwin

Was told working after 11:30am was optional, considering it's a part time job, I am not required by law to be forced to work past my scheduled time. We shall see!

Zeliwin

I'm making about 70k a year at my current job, if FedEx wants to play that game with me, I have no issue leaving. Again, just looking to fill in my morning gap with something to do, nothing more. I'm single, no kids. Just want to do something besides stay home.

MAKAVELI

I'm making about 70k a year at my current job, if FedEx wants to play that game with me, I have no issue leaving. Again, just looking to fill in my morning gap with something to do, nothing more. I'm single, no kids. Just want to do something besides stay home.
How many hours do you work at your other job?