Got a job offer from FedEx.

dezguy

Was told working after 11:30am was optional, considering it's a part time job, I am not required by law to be forced to work past my scheduled time. We shall see!

They will expect you to have FedEx as your primary employer. They will not work around your other jobs schedule. If they want to schedule you for 3pm, they'll expect you to show up even if you tell them you have another job. They will not schedule around your other job.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They will expect you to have FedEx as your primary employer. They will not work around your other jobs schedule. If they want to schedule you for 3pm, they'll expect you to show up even if you tell them you have another job. They will not schedule around your other job.

That's only true, in the US, if you are full time. Then they own you. Part time, you only have to run your route. Nothing more. They can be pushy and ask, but you can say no. Plenty of PTers do it.

Slick silver

Heck if I made 70 k I wouldn't be thinking fedex. I would be thinking small business venture, flip some cars or something. Something to do on my down time at home. Couldn't imagine cost of living be that much more in NY

Sent using BrownCafe App

Nolimitz

I don't think he mentioned he is living w/ mommy an dad. could be wrong.
I'm making about 70k a year at my current job, if FedEx wants to play that game with me, I have no issue leaving. Again, just looking to fill in my morning gap with something to do, nothing more. I'm single, no kids. Just want to do something besides stay home

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/got-a-job-offer-from-fedex.358211/page-2#ixzz3Dih5DkJ4

You make 70 k a year and your living at home. I smell something here

Sent using BrownCafe App

MAKAVELI

Heck if I made 70 k I wouldn't be thinking fedex. I would be thinking small business venture, flip some cars or something. Something to do on my down time at home. Couldn't imagine cost of living be that much more in NY

Sent using BrownCafe App
You could live pretty damn good on 70k in California if by yourself.

Zeliwin

I told the Manager when i went and saw him today. he didnt look concerned. just said all he does is choose who he wants and the head hunchos in the corp building gives the ok or not. he just said we will wait and see. Went and got my medical card and drug test done. sighned the job offer paperwork, now we just wait 35 days for the background check. ill let you all know.

I dont know where you got the idea i live with my mom? And because i make money and like to work means i dont get women? guys here talked a lot of crap for being "professionals".

Hroller

I agree. Fed Ex is way behind in wages/benefits compared to UPS. it gets worse every years.

A 3 percent raise in October.....if I would have stayed I would be up to a whopping 16.35/hour. I went to UPS....starting at 18.75....then after four years.....(you do the research)

Serf

I agree. Fed Ex is way behind in wages/benefits compared to UPS. it gets worse every years.

A 3 percent raise in October.....if I would have stayed I would be up to a whopping 16.35/hour. I went to UPS....starting at 18.75....then after four years.....(you do the research)
When I am alone in my truck, shuttling freight to the airport, I tell myself 15.89 in a hell of a hourly rate in places like rural Indiana, Montana, Vietnam, and the Sudan.

vantexan

So my question stands unanswered for the most part.

Should i make the Manager aware if my felony since he will find out anyway, or just let it stand and wait to see what happens? Im seeing him tomorrow to finish paperwork.
I thought we answered it. Why does someone with the skills to make $70k a year need us to take him by the hand?

MassWineGuy

Zel, I used to live in Dartmouth, down the road from Fall River.

I got a call today to go in on Thursday to start training. I'll see how it goes.