Got a route but

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We covered this topic a few weeks ago. Or tried to anyway. It's different in some supplements and even varies by local, building, and sometimes center. The only question I have concerns the language (Southern) that states that all unpaid time off shall be offered in seniority order. Does the senior driver choosing to burn an option day change that? I mean they are getting paid in that case. Are they not?
Here you have to put in for an option day 7 days in advance, you can't just show up for work and elect to use one.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Same here but I've never seen it enforced.
I've seen it go both ways and that's the problem. Driver submits an option day request and gets denied because it was only 5 days in advance, then on the day he wanted off they have xtra anyway and they let a senior have the day and burn an optional. Stuff like that just breeds resentment.

I've seen it go both ways and that's the problem. Driver submits an option day request and gets denied because it was only 5 days in advance, then on the day he wanted off they have xtra anyway and they let a senior have the day and burn an optional. Stuff like that just breeds resentment.
Manning issues. So they say.

Overpaid Union Thug

Lets say a senior driver has option days left and the junior driver doesn't. If I'm remembering correctly according to the contract the first 7 days a driver doesn't work are supposed to be coded as an option/sick day. So, if I'm out of days and want that day off then technically I should get it because UNPAID days are supposed to be offered in seniority order and he still has days left. LOL!