Got an appointment scheduled...do I essentially have the job?

Also, is there a way to find the HR number to any particular hub? I would actually like to confirm the interview time/date I state in the above post, because she let us go and then suddenly remembered to give us the time for the interview and she said it very quickly.

I would hate to go out there Thursday and find out the interviews are over or not scheduled for Thursday.

UPSNewbie

Also, is there a way to find the HR number to any particular hub? I would actually like to confirm the interview time/date I state in the above post, because she let us go and then suddenly remembered to give us the time for the interview and she said it very quickly.

I would hate to go out there Thursday and find out the interviews are over or not scheduled for Thursday.
When I was hired in Sept, I went in for a tour on the preload at 6:00 am. When the tour was over, the HR manager passed around a sheet for people to sign if they're still interested. He then gave everybody a day to think about it, and called to see if people were still interested and the set up appointments from there. If you tell which hub you're applying at (if you haven't already, I've only skimmed this thread), I'm sure there is someone here that can give you that number.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Just got back from the tour. The interview is scheduled for Thursday at 11:30pm. However, this is for the 5-10pm and 11pm-5am shifts. I am very interested in the 5-10 shift, but my first choice is 4am-9am so the HR rep gave me the number for the other rep who handles that shift.

Do you think I would have to do the tour again under him, or will he just give an interview date (if there are positions available of course)?
good luck & hope you get the job...piece of advice to you,don't go out and buy a $100. pair of work boots till you have been here & know you will keep the job!! Also pace your self on the job,don't compare yourself to some one loading or unloading faster than you.!! You will get hurt trying to keep up. Think of it as going to the gym,you don't bench press 200 lbs because you can,you build up to it!!1 Follow all the saftey items they teach you.They do sound stupid,but they are effective!! You don't want to be a cripple for life over a piece of cardboard. Good luck to you!!

Thanks for all the info guys.

The hub I am applying to is in Maspeth, NY...anyone know the HR numbers (I have one of them but I was told to call this person between 4am and 9am). I just wanted to call the other rep ASAP to confirm the time.

P

pickup

Thanks for all the info guys.

The hub I am applying to is in Maspeth, NY...anyone know the HR numbers (I have one of them but I was told to call this person between 4am and 9am). I just wanted to call the other rep ASAP to confirm the time.

I don't think there are any active members here that actually work in maspeth so don't rely on us for the HR number. There might be one or two guys here that go to maspeth once in awhile but never needed to have the HRnumber.

I could be wrong, maybe someone will come out of the woodworks with the number.

11 pm, huh? that could be part of the test/interview. If you can't show up at 11 at night for the interview, chances are that you can't when you are hired to do exactly that. Also, this is going to be your lot in life for awhile. Never quite knowing what to do or where and when to be. but don't worry you'll have someone to tell you after you do the wrong thing.

Anyway, better show up for an appointment you may not have than to miss one you did have.