Got an interview thursday.....

HollandMan73

Hello there potential brother Teamsters! I have an interview this coming Thursday in Hodgkins as a sleeper driver. Could you guys give me some insight on the job? Hours...average pay for a bottom feeder like myself...chances of getting out of sleepers within a year or 3? I've been at Usf Holland for about 20 years so now...time to part ways now I think. And if I go on to a road test. ...any do's and don't s I should watch for? Thanks in advance for any help.

UPS4Life

Wear your seat belt and be willing to learn the ups way. Sounds like you've been driving a long time but ups wants you to do everything "their way" it's not so bad just don't be stuck on your ways. Good luck!

Sent using BrownCafe App

HollandMan73

Wear your seat belt and be willing to learn the ups way. Sounds like you've been driving a long time but ups wants you to do everything "their way" it's not so bad just don't be stuck on your ways. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. UPS4Life.....I appreciate it. I'm willing do whatever they say as long as their paying my check......well.....almost anything. Lol.

Sent using BrownCafe App

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Rumor has it; these runs are scheduled/paid hourly as 4x10 hour days, no OT, even though you're in the truck 80 hours.
Local 710 jurisdiction, still under extension of old contract; so starting pay is probably $16.10/hr. New contract was voted down once. That Local is now in trusteeship. No idea if this will be addressed in subsequent negotiations.

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/minnesota-loads-con
tractors-sleepers.357581/

Tips: keep both hands on the wheel; and if they send you through a shopping center parking lot, follow the marked lanes of travel.

HollandMan73

Thanks for the info. Hondo....So far I have been told by HR that it will start at 40cpm and 5th day work is available at ot rate of $24/hr so yes sounds like $16 rate. After reading through the contract though.....I see it says ant time worked after Nov 1st will not count towards seniority. ...I have potential start date of Sept. 22. Can I make the 30/90 by Nov 1st? If I'm short 1 day of the 30 then I have to work untill January to get the Seniority correct?

HollandMan73

Right....same as where I'm at now. Gotta get my foot in the door somehow....might as well be sleepers I guess. I'm just looking long term at the pension.....retirement is nicer with a decent pension from what I've seen. I would just stay where I'm currently employed (Holland) but they stopped paying the pension AND cut our pay 15%. Gotta look at the future....