Got Bit by Dog Tuesday

UPSGUY72

After getting bit by a dog on tuesday I got a saftey ride today? Not that it was a big deal my Sup ment me at 10:30 and left at 3:30 but how does that make any sence.
DSCF0435.jpg

brown bomber

brown bomber
did you file a police report ???.......contact the union for guidance re: this incident, did you file an accident report and seek medical evaluation..........these are things you have to do.........UPS be damned.........it's the last thing they want you to do

DS

Fenderbender
That looks like a poodle bite:wink2: or a lamprey eel....hmmmmm
Hey some maroon broke my window last week and I had a shadow the next day too.
I think its mandated(hee hee) that every incident dictates a next day ride.

Something tells me this is the start of the zombie plague. If you start eating humans, 72, please start with the sup that rode with you!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

did you file a police report ???.......contact the union for guidance re: this incident, did you file an accident report and seek medical evaluation..........these are things you have to do.........UPS be damned.........it's the last thing they want you to do

Why would you contact the union? What are they going to do about it? File the injury report, seek medical attention and then submit a claim against the homeowner's insurance policy. Check to be sure the dog has had all of it's shots because if it hasn't you may have to go through a series of rabies shots as it appears the dog bite punctured your skin.

over9five

Staff member
Tell the sup to go to the door first and when its safe you will bring the pkg,.

Lol, good idea!!!

Something tells me this is the start of the zombie plague. If you start eating humans, 72, please start with the sup that rode with you!

I had strange zombie dreams last night. Weird that I then read this!!

Why would you contact the union? What are they going to do about it? File the injury report, seek medical attention and then submit a claim against the homeowner's insurance policy. Check to be sure the dog has had all of it's shots because if it hasn't you may have to go through a series of rabies shots as it appears the dog bite punctured your skin.

I would do this, but I'd have the police go to the home and get the rabies and insurance info.

NHDRVR

After getting bit by a dog on tuesday I got a saftey ride today? Not that it was a big deal my Sup ment me at 10:30 and left at 3:30 but how does that make any sence.

That's standard up here. I actually think it's mandatory if you involve our insurance company into anything...

UPSGUY72

Looks like about a $5,000 bite to me ----more if it messed up your sex life.:happy2:

Feels like a atleast a couple of thousands. I contacted my lawyer today setting up a meeting with another lawyer in his law firm that handles these cases.

JonFrum

The Union should always be told of any significant incident. They need to keep track of how often this happens, and evaluate UPS' policies and actions before, during, and after the incident. They can provide advice, since this has no doubt happened before. They can also assist with the expected difficulties that having UPS involved will surely bring.

over9five

Staff member
Feels like a atleast a couple of thousands. I contacted my lawyer today setting up a meeting with another lawyer in his law firm that handles these cases.

Excellent. I would be very interested in all updates.

Does your management team know you're seeing a lawyer? Did they comment on it?

UPSGUY72

Excellent. I would be very interested in all updates.

Does your management team know you're seeing a lawyer? Did they comment on it?

No it's none of there business. I not going after UPS I'm going after the the dog owners that can't control thier dogs and knowing that they bite are in denial and still let them run around unleasded or fenced in. I went by the house during my safety ride and there happen to be a beware of dog sign on the gate to the fence in their backyard so they must know that one of there dogs could bite someone.

TRUE STORY.I was bitten by a dog on the sewcond day of my new route. The canine was located in a place of business. Upon further review it was determined that the dog bite waas my fault. I had failed to yell "UPS" upon entering said business and I had failed to beep the horn.( The package car was parked a block away). Now I'm considered a "Most help needed employee". Also, mgt failed to take pictures of the injury and the location of thed incident. Three weeks later they wanted me to reanact the attack as the owner watched. Also it took mgt three weeks to code the stop as dangerous. REMEMBER MGT CONSIDERS EVERY ACCIDENT AVOIDABLE, IF THE DRIVER IN THIS SITUATION WAS WEARING PANTS(AS I WAS TOLD), THE DOG ATTACK NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.