got caught playing hooky

currahee

I've never called in sick when I was not sick, it's just me, I would feel guilty lying. I have had to take a sick day a few times when I wasn't sick because my center manager made me use them when I needed a day off. Anyway it's worked out well because when I retire I will (unless I end up sick or have surgery) have over 40 sick days to cash out at a very higher pay rate than when they accrued.[/quote

What your forgetting your days will be paid higher, but also taxed higher. They will probably get paid out as a bonus.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Man you really love playing the " holier than thou" card eh??
I actually came in with my doctors note to give them, 1.. to show I went to the doctor and 2. told them I needed my check so I could filly my prescirption since I was broke.... noone had a problem with it... seems the only one to have a problem with it is..... YOU !...

Interesting how you left all these details out of your original post and when UpstateNYUPSer replies you add them in.

G

Good Luck Puck

I actually came in with my doctors note to give them, 1.. to show I went to the doctor and 2. told them I needed my check so I could filly my prescirption since I was broke.... noone had a problem with it... seems the only one to have a problem with it is..... YOU !...

If I ever call in on payday and Im not sick or really need my check, I have another driver grab it for me and i meet up with him later on in the day to get it....
Puck, it's convenient that you left all of that info out of your original story. Let me guess the next episode. As you were leaving the building with your check you saw your center manager driving once again driving his car wrecklessly through the employee parking lot. You then saved a litter of tiny puppies by throwing yourself in front of your center managers car to keep him from running over the helpless puppies.

rod

Retired 22 years
touche!!! That's 1 for **** and zero for UpstateNYUPSer
I can't believe you actually censored Pucks original handle. So am I to gather that now anything that even rimes with a so called "bad" word will be censored? I do believe it's time for a few over zelous mods to step down. :sad-little:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Rod, yesterday BrazenBrown used Puck's old name in a post replacing the first few letters with asterisks.

Brazen's post was then reported by one of the members that had made it known that he supported Puck keeping his original name.

Apparently this member supported of Puck using it as a moniker but now found the use of it in Brazen's post to be offensive enough that we needed to edit it out.

None of this adds content, value or information here. It's a waste of my time and I don't want to ask the mods to keep responding to posts that get reported because some of you keep using Puck's original name in your posts... and then someone else reports it... It's a vicious circle...

Game Over.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I can't believe you actually censored Pucks original handle. So am I to gather that now anything that even (rimes )with a so called "bad" word will be censored? I do believe it's time for a few (over zelous) mods to step down. :sad-little:
[evil]Keep it up Rod and Im going to start modding with spell checker.............[/evil]

:peaceful: In parenthesis

Puck

Man,Myth...Legend....
It wasnt puppies it was Nuns, and I used the force to stop his car.. I had been practicing everything yoda taught me and thought it was a great chance to test my skills.....

Didnt leave that info out intentionally.. but Calling in sick means you arent feeling well enough to WORK 8 HOURS DOING WHAT WE DO... doesnt mean you cant come and pick up money after or before you go to the doctor or what not.... and If I was given a hard time about calling in then no way would I have gone in.... I really dont know what the deal is with some of you... you really read too much into things and always think the worst...

Puck, it's convenient that you left all of that info out of your original story. Let me guess the next episode. As you were leaving the building with your check you saw your center manager driving once again driving his car wrecklessly through the employee parking lot. You then saved a litter of tiny puppies by throwing yourself in front of your center managers car to keep him from running over the helpless puppies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank you for the advice. I did, and here is what it said:

"Spend all night in a hockey rink skating with NHL wannabes, call in sick the next morning even though I am not really sick and then go in and pick up my paycheck, drop/throw pkgs in front of customers, laugh at road rage ladies, and displace blame whenever possible as I don't do anything wrong."

That is clearly not what I thought the answer would be, but does this remind you of anyone that you might know?

Last edited:

Puck

Man,Myth...Legend....
Ok.. so there is something wrong with me having a hobby eh?? And of course you would side with every single customer right?? Mr. Company man.... seriously.. go into management already..

r u kidding you have 5 sick days to utilize and can stay out for 3 days on each call in/ book off on each w/out a doctors note
you'll be on the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: list but keep your head up and fight for your rights

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty

If I ever call in on payday and Im not sick or really need my check, I have another driver grab it for me and i meet up with him later on in the day to get it....

Puck... just two words....direct deposit:wink2:

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ok.. so there is something wrong with me having a hobby eh?? And of course you would side with every single customer right?? Mr. Company man.... seriously.. go into management already..

Your hobby shouldn't interfere with your job. and yes you should side with every customer no matter how wrong they are and how right ou may think you are. Without the customer, you are unemployed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Millyard, thank you for your well thought out contribution to the thread. It looks like you will have a lot to offer to this forum and I look forward to reading your future posts.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BTW, here at the Brown Cafe, unlike your cell phone provider, we don't charge for every message that you send so please feel free to spell out all of your words so that old-timers like me who don't text can understand what you are trying to say.