got caught playing hooky

HazMatMan

I've never called in sick when I was not sick, it's just me, I would feel guilty lying. I have had to take a sick day a few times when I wasn't sick because my center manager made me use them when I needed a day off. Anyway it's worked out well because when I retire I will (unless I end up sick or have surgery) have over 40 sick days to cash out at a very higher pay rate than when they accrued.

Please explain that last part of this post to me please. when you retire you will have over 40 days to cash out with?? at a higher rate of pay??? What UPS you work at??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We get sick days but they do not roll over if unused. We do get paid for unused sick days and, with the new contract, unused personal or optional days in the middle of December but I usually run out of days before I run out of year. I am also curious as to how you can have 40 unused sick days upon retirement.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
he admitted he wasn't "sick
Why would you admit that? If nothing else, you were sick of working.

Now, that being said, the center manager cornered you and got you to confess without a shop steward being present? I dont think that would stand.

Moral of the story is, if you are not sick, dont call in sick. Just call and tell them you will not be in. That is all you are required to do. At least one hour in advance. End of phone conversation.

d