Got enough to retire but still working

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Oh well the 2 plus million in my 401k, the hundreds of 1oz gold and silver coins, the hundreds of 5oz gold and silver bars and the roughly 750k in cold hard cash I have in the bank will have to be enough.

:cool2:

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Yeah right ... if you had that, you would not be working at UPS.
I have that because I work at UPS.
My monthly expenses are 1000 bucks a month. One paycheck covers that. The rest goes into retirement preps and into the bank.
I have owned my home free and clear for 13 years,pay cash for a new truck every 3 years, no credit cards, no debt of any kind.

Cash is king.

I have made almost 800k in the last 7 years.
90% of my take home gets put towards savings/investments/retirement planning.

I could retire today and never look back.

My goal is to make 310k in the next 3 years then retire on the day before Thanksgiving 2016.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I could retire today and never look back.

My goal is to make 310k in the next 3 years then retire on the day before Thanksgiving 2016.

That was my point.
I was not questioning the accumulated wealth ... it's the "I could retire today" and not retiring that I can't understand.

I worked 3 years longer than I needed to but I was in a Corporate office job. If I was in Management or a driver in UPS Operations, my butt would be gone the first chance I had.

Are you sticking around for healthcare?
With ACA, that is not as big a factor as before.

Just curious.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I am sticking around because I can do the job still and have no aches or pains.

I love my customers, they love me.

It is all easy money from here on out.

I want to hit 30 years. It has been a goal since I hit 25 years.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Show a picture of your gold, leprechaun !!!

People that boast on internet sites are either broke or short in the pants.

Since you work at UPS, you are making a decent wage.

pretender

That was my point.
I was not questioning the accumulated wealth ... it's the "I could retire today" and not retiring that I can't understand.

I worked 3 years longer than I needed to but I was in a Corporate office job. If I was in Management or a driver in UPS Operations, my butt would be gone the first chance I had.

Are you sticking around for healthcare?
With ACA, that is not as big a factor as before.

Just curious.

After this past peak, I wonder how many package car drivers have called HR for their retirement papers?

oldngray

nowhere special
Its getting worse every year. I believe it is an intentional action by UPS to wear down the older drivers to encourage them to retire. Certainly almost everyone who is eligible has been retiring the past couple of years (some waited until after contract to see if they could get better, others before contract to retire before they lost anything). Bring in those new guys at lower pay rate and fewer weeks of vacation who also won't question current management decisions like ones who have more years under their belts. Just plug the new guys into ORION and let them roll.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Its getting worse every year. I believe it is an intentional action by UPS to wear down the older drivers to encourage them to retire. Certainly almost everyone who is eligible has been retiring the past couple of years (some waited until after contract to see if they could get better, others before contract to retire before they lost anything). Bring in those new guys at lower pay rate and fewer weeks of vacation who also won't question current management decisions like ones who have more years under their belts. Just plug the new guys into ORION and let them roll.

Wait until 2018----you will see a huge exodus.

gingerkat

Show a picture of your gold, leprechaun !!!

People that boast on internet sites are either broke or short in the pants.

Since you work at UPS, you are making a decent wage.
This is a really good idea, especially since he suggested this very thing in another thread.

kingOFchester

See , I think I figured it out. He really doesn't have the gold in hand. He just found the rainbow that takes you to the gold. Here, I found his video that he posted on the day he saw the rainbow.

A

anonymous6

we have plenty enough to retire but need to get to my 80 solely for the healthcare.