got fired going threw gft process

benny k

there have been at least two other people within the last year who has been reinstated with 3 active warning letters but when i present that in my gft they keep saying that issue has been investigated

whenIgetthere

there have been at least two other people within the last year who has been reinstated with 3 active warning letters but when i present that in my gft they keep saying that issue has been investigated

We've had three new employees lose their jobs in the past few months for third letters. All three went to the third step of GFT, and all three lost.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

That's not going to do you any good. "You did it for that guy" isn't relevant. Maybe it should be, but it isn't.

I don't know what all happened in your case. Not to pick on you, but your communication skills as they exist on this board are poor. It looks like you had too many issues with your driving. If I was in your shoes, I would offer a contrite admission of whatever I did --I don't recall, but I don't think you denied doing what you were disciplined for-- and make a well-reasoned case as to why they should keep me around.

I would advise against arguing with them about any procedural issues, real or perceived, unless you know 100% that you are right. 100%. Otherwise you'll come across as ill-informed, they'll doubt anything else you say, and odds are that you'll get all worked up. That only hurts your chances more.

Good luck with however you decide to go about it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's not going to do you any good. "You did it for that guy" isn't relevant. Maybe it should be, but it isn't.

I don't know what all happened in your case. Not to pick on you, but your communication skills as they exist on this board are poor. It looks like you had too many issues with your driving. If I was in your shoes, I would offer a contrite admission of whatever I did --I don't recall, but I don't think you denied doing what you were disciplined for-- and make a well-reasoned case as to why they should keep me around.

I would advise against arguing with them about any procedural issues, real or perceived, unless you know 100% that you are right. 100%. Otherwise you'll come across as ill-informed, they'll doubt anything else you say, and odds are that you'll get all worked up. That only hurts your chances more.

Good luck with however you decide to go about it.

Hey, Dano. Why does this company attack good employees as well as the marginal ones? benny k is clearly on the ragged edge of keeping his job, which he'd probably be better off leaving IMO because the future looks rather dim.

But what about all of those dedicated, loyal, purple-bleeding folks who go for years or even decades and then get hurt, sick, or have a couple of accidents in a short period of time? FedEx goes after them like rabid pit bulls, with very little regard for their excellent work histories.

I've seen it happen to so many. And this company will lie like a rug and force management to lie for them. Please deny anything I've said.

59 Dano

But what about all of those dedicated, loyal, purple-bleeding folks who go for years or even decades and then get hurt, sick, or have a couple of accidents in a short period of time? FedEx goes after them like rabid pit bulls, with very little regard for their excellent work histories.

You want people to be exempt from policies because they are favored employees?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You want people to be exempt from policies because they are favored employees?

Nice deflection. First, our policies generally suck, and second, there is no such thing as fairness in a company where discipline isn't applied equally anyway. My point was that FedEx goes after the good employees all the time, especially when they get hurt, have an extended illness, or experience a run of bad luck, like 2 accidents in a week after 10 years without anything.

This company treats employees like trash, but pretends they are fair and balanced, much like your friends at FOX. It's all a sham, but most people don't figure it out until they get hurt, have that one disagreement with a customer, or dare to come down with a long term illness. Then, it's you vs. FedEx management, policies, and Legal.

At that point, FedEx treats you like you're a terrorist, instead of someone who has provided years of excellent service to a company they thought appreciated their efforts.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
yeah this is not going well and i have already moved on......but has anybody ever had a accident and then asked 2hrs later when you are home to write a statement about what happend, normally this all happens while you are at work
Many years ago I had a manager call me at home as I was having dinner with the family to interrogate me about a customer complaint.
I interrupted him to tell him before he said one more word, he'd best retrieve my timecard and punch me back in.

We resolved it the next day.

benny k

mr fedex I'm in the category of having a bad luck stretch. I had 1 occurrence in 2006, a accident in December and a occurrence in march the eleven years i have been working at fedex........I have seen much worse

59 Dano

Nice deflection. First, our policies generally suck, and second, there is no such thing as fairness in a company where discipline isn't applied equally anyway. My point was that FedEx goes after the good employees all the time, especially when they get hurt, have an extended illness, or experience a run of bad luck, like 2 accidents in a week after 10 years without anything.

This company treats employees like trash, but pretends they are fair and balanced, much like your friends at FOX. It's all a sham, but most people don't figure it out until they get hurt, have that one disagreement with a customer, or dare to come down with a long term illness. Then, it's you vs. FedEx management, policies, and Legal.

At that point, FedEx treats you like you're a terrorist, instead of someone who has provided years of excellent service to a company they thought appreciated their efforts.

In other words, your answer to my question is "Yes." Extenuating circumstances should be taken into consideration when applicable, but 2 accidents in a week are 2 accidents in a week whether you've been there for 2 years or 20 years. My advice to you is not to have 2 accidents in a week.

And quit being such a drama queen. Are you one of those who falsified a release or signature and thought your history should exempt you from being disciplined for it?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In other words, your answer to my question is "Yes." Extenuating circumstances should be taken into consideration when applicable, but 2 accidents in a week are 2 accidents in a week whether you've been there for 2 years or 20 years. My advice to you is not to have 2 accidents in a week.

And quit being such a drama queen. Are you one of those who falsified a release or signature and thought your history should exempt you from being disciplined for it?

Read benny k's response just before your post. As far as being a drama queen, I think not. If you do something huge or monumentally stupid, you deserve to get fired. I remember one courier who was stalking a customer who looked like an old girlfriend. Fired, and rightly so.

This company has zero loyalty to employees, many of whom have overall excellent work histories. All it takes is one injury, one disagreement with a big shipper, or a long term illness, and you are in the crosshairs.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What about it? He has his performance issues.

So his record isn't perfect, but it's not that bad. Very few FedEx employees go through 10+ years without an accident and/or occurrences. So much for this "people company" being supportive.

Secondly, you don't know the first thing about working with people, do you?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So his record isn't perfect, but it's not that bad. Very few FedEx employees go through 10+ years without an accident and/or occurrences. So much for this "people company" being supportive.

Secondly, you don't know the first thing about working with people, do you?

Nah. Quicker and easier to just toss them away.