Got fired

S

serenity now

Have I done it before ? Yes but very rarely
No was not trained but have seen on road sups cheat air before , I obviously have seen others do this , sheeting ni1 then delivering is not something I learned on my own , I learned my mistake and will never cheat or be dishonest Again

that's only because they can

UPSGUY72

Overall I believe I have done an excellent job for the company since I have been driving been working nearly 55-60hrs weekly.... Only received 1 warning letter (not pulling exception off)

A few weeks ago I sheeted 2-3 Not In 1 Commercial NDA's.... out of the area and delivered them a few minutes late... Last one was delivered at 10:45...
I know dumb.... It's my own fault.

You should have delivered them later in the day and nothing would have happen to you. NDA deliver 15 +/- there commit times automatically make a list and thus get attention.

You will get your job back if you want it (fight it) just don't due it again. Explaining later Air is easier than explaining why you lied and played with the numbers.

UPSGUY72

What happens to your health benefits after being fired ?
Depending on your location depends on how long you it will be before your health insurance runs out. However they have to offer you cobra after your health insurance runs out.

If your fighting your termination I would worry about it. You need to call your BA if your haven't already done so...

good luck...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If the time between the exception scan and the redelivery is 30 minutes or less it will end up on a report. This is how he got caught. If this is his first "brush with the law" he will be brought back, time served, no back pay.

Better to have a late air than to be dishonest.

If you are going to be close make sure to get the scan in the board before the commit time and complete the stop at the delivery point, not on road.

Dont ever scan the package until you are at the stop and the vehicle is shut off.

If you are late, you are late. Type in "x" (other) for the late air reason, and take your lumps.

If Telematics shows that you scanned the package while the car was still in motion, that is proof that you knew you were going to be late and were trying to hide it, which is dishonesty. If, on the other hand, you follow the methods and scan the package after the car has been parked at the delivery location, the worst possible consequence you might face is a warning letter for the late air and at that point you can argue with them about traffic, the load, your lack of area knowledge, or any other mitigating circumstance. None of those legitimate arguments are worth squat if it can be shown that you knew you were late and were trying to play games with the DIAD to cover it up.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I truly hope that you are given the chance to redeem yourself.

Me too.

Normally I have zero sympathy for drivers who cheat because usually they are the ones who are burning the route to the ground in order to get done and go home by 4:00 every day. Their dishonesty is malicious, it is intentional and it is self-serving.

The ones I feel bad for are the ones (usually new hires) who truly think they are doing the right thing. They have been brainwashed and lied to by a supervisor who has them convinced that it is somehow "OK" to "do me a favor" and fudge a little bit when "volume is heavy" or "things are crazy". Supervisors like that care only for their own numbers and if the :censored2: hits the fan and Loss Prevention starts sniffing around they will throw that poor driver under the bus in a heartbeat to save their own ass.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS, did you happen to forget that I stood up for you when someone called you a troll?

Your-------you're.

Genious------genius.

Yes, we just havin a simple discussion.

the argument for this kind of action changes with the new contract. The intention was to highlight this and placing you at the wheel for changing it, thats all..

We kool?

Peace

TOS

instantK

Yes in going todo everything by the books and do things right no more running Around like a headless chicken trying to get done, I'm learning its not worth it and I get paid by the hour only been driving lil more than a year

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What do you mean not in 1 followed by delivery the same pkg

If the company can show a pattern of YOU, recording a pkg as NOT IN 1 at (lets say) 10:28am, then a delivery at 10:35 for the same pkg, along with corroboration of GPS tracking showing you at an address other than the address on the pkg...

Then the company will be able to demonstrate that you DEFRAUDED the company out of a proper delivery attempt.

This has been established across the country.

Believe me, I wish you hadnt done this, but i know how panicked people get when an nda is going to be late, and they scramble to find a way out of it, rather than just delivering it late.

You are lucky we are NOT on this new language already, cause no excuse would save you. YOU would have to hope you have a clean record and a generous division manager who would understand your circumstances.

If you are one of those who are always in trouble, or looking for trouble, then your odds of surviving this action would be slim to none.

There is NO first offense language in the revision of article 6, and the new language leaves no wiggle room. The company saw to that.

peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Have I done it before ? Yes but very rarely
No was not trained but have seen on road sups cheat air before , I obviously have seen others do this , sheeting ni1 then delivering is not something I learned on my own , I learned my mistake and will never cheat or be dishonest Again

Well, we all learn from others. "LEARNED BEHAVIORS" is contagious and can be very dangerous. I had a case where ONE driver was padding his mileage at the end of the day 10 miles. He was able to kick up his "planned day" and then went on to expodentially increase the pad to 50 miles a day. THE REASON? He didnt want a split and work late.

What he did, was to falsify his timecard and increase the planned day earning BONUS. He was able to break standard by almost a hour a day with a 50 mile pad. He was so impressed with his actions, that he started to brag to another driver who began doing the same thing. That driver was earning production bonus as well. Then, he told two other drivers, and they started doing the same thing and earning bonus.

Now you have 4 drivers padding miles and earning bonus and having splits removed.

The center manager, who will remain nameless because she is an idiot and now a division manager back east. ( how that happened is beyond me) FAILED to catch these guys and it was only because of a mileage descrepancy report from automotive that brought attention to the issue.

They took the report to LP who launced an investigation. For a month, they monitored all 4 trucks, taking photos of the odometers and making copies of the timecards as well as taking photos of the odometer in the AM prior to departure.

Once they all got caught, they all got fired.

When I interviewed each to find out how this started, three of the guys admitted to it right off the bat. The originator refused to own up to it, and denied telling the others. I took the three to the division manager who listened as they owned what they did. They were out a month and a half before I came into office and took the case. The division manager, Don Ammons, was no sweatheart either and is known to be a hard ash.

He gave me all three guys back because they were at least honest and took ownership. Today those three drivers are still working and two of them are now feeder drivers.

The originator chose to accept the termination and did not want to fight his case facing the evidence.

The point is, Learned Behaviors, no matter how many people are doing it, are NO REASON to immitate them.

You are an individual, and you are responsible for yourself and yourself only.

Do the job correctly and dont worry about what others are doing. With AIR, if its late, its late. Take your heat and dont do it again.

Good luck with your case.

Peace

TOS

curiousbrain

I have never had an on-car tell me to do what he did.

You're smart enough to know that's not the real point I was making; rather, it was the culture of dishonesty and fantasy-land that I was referring to.

It's not for me to comment on how your ORS' are or are not, but as a company, nation wide, more often than not there are lies and half-truths peddled by management; and the moment an hourly is nabbed for simply "going with the flow", they are thrown under the bus in a second.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have never had an on-car tell me to do what he did.

Sorry Dave, but every time I read one of you proclamations, in my head I add 'in the BOG.'

Kinda like fortune cookies:

There is a common joke in the United States involving fortune cookies that involves appending "between the sheets" or "[except] in bed" to the end of the fortune, usually creating a sexual innuendo or other bizarre messages (e.g., "Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall [in bed]").

From Wikipedia:

Fortune cookie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Buck Fifty

It will matter what they can find on you for the last ten days that will have merit. I've had guys be out for a days, weeks, months. Definitely make no excuses and remember you have let yourself be at their mercy. Best of luck to ya.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
With all the talk about article 6 and technology, there still manages to be someone DUMB enough to pull crap like this. Fortunately, if your local is worth their salt, they can arbitrate your case and argue it was a first offense, unless HOWEVER, the company can demonstrate that you have done this in the past.

All they would have to do is present to the arb all your sheeting records along with GPS records. If you have OTHER "NOT IN 1's" followed by delivery for the same packages, then you will be SCREWED.

The company will have to prove that you Intended on Defrauding the company with your actions. On our current contract, its a 50/50 proposition.

With this NEW contract, youre DEAD MEAT.

Peace

TOS
so did the union actually think they were improving on this language or do you think it was traded away for something else??