Got Helper?

Foamer Pyle

I got my first taste with a helper this year. I am amazed that UPS expects these helpers to use a DIAD, and they do not train them how to use one. I bring the helper board along and put a few stops in it, and that's it. This company does everything half :censored2:, and I am tired of cleaning up their mess. I cannot believe it's 2014, and at $8.50 an hour, anyone even shows up to work.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
We had a few helper prospects come into the center the other day. A few of them were pushing 3 bills or more. UPS is not a weight loss program. Wish our HR GUY would figure that out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got my first taste with a helper this year. I am amazed that UPS expects these helpers to use a DIAD, and they do not train them how to use one. I bring the helper board along and put a few stops in it, and that's it. This company does everything half :censored2:, and I am tired of cleaning up their mess. I cannot believe it's 2014, and at $8.50 an hour, anyone even shows up to work.

Is it really that hard to teach someone how to sheet residentials?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Unfortunately, yes. Some of these helpers are doing good if they walk and chew gum.
zlRNvbz.gif

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I got my first taste with a helper this year. I am amazed that UPS expects these helpers to use a DIAD, and they do not train them how to use one.
My on-car actually spent 2 hours a day for 3 days teaching my helper to use the diad and where the businesses were in 2 of my highrises. This is probably just because I couldn't possibly train him while running around trying to get my air off in the morning. First time I've trusted a helper to use a diad.

Foamer Pyle

Is it really that hard to teach someone how to sheet residentials?
Yes it is, because the helper boards are the old diads, and there are always problems. Always seems to have stops not in EDD, and apartments are a nightmare when it's a not in. For an outsider, they just don't pick it up very good.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yes it is, because the helper boards are the old diads, and there are always problems. Always seems to have stops not in EDD, and apartments are a nightmare when it's a not in. For an outsider, they just don't pick it up very good.
Also the stupid having to toggle the dumb letters on. I got spoiled by the 5 and had forgotten about the 4. Also having an actual menu and void button instead of having to remember which buttons are also them if you don't have the abc toggled and many diad 4s don't have those buttons marked.

oldngray

nowhere special
Also the stupid having to toggle the dumb letters on. I got spoiled by the 5 and had forgotten about the 4. Also having an actual menu and void button instead of having to remember which buttons are also them if you don't have the abc toggled and many diad 4s don't have those buttons marked.

When DIAD 4's got well used the writing on the buttons would get worn to be almost illegible. If you are used to using one your thumbs know where to go but otherwise makes things very difficult to teach a helper.