Got Hired Perm PT

specter208

Have you checked to see if your local center/hub has a position open for package handler? That's a good place to start, if you can deal with the hours of preload you'll make a dollar more an hour as opposed to reload. Hope you can work something out, just be patient and persistent, they don't know you wana work unless you tell them, if at all possible go talk to the preload & reload sups one day and tell them both you'd love to work their shift and ask if they have a position open at the moment or if they will have a position open soon.
I'm hoping I will be able to speak with my center's hiring manager next time I pick up my check. My Driver also told me about about two weeks before Christmas that he had spoken to my coordinator about my interest. The only thing is my coordinator isn't In charge of hiring workers.

Last edited:

specter208

Believe it or not we had a building tour go through tonight. Talked to one guy who started in December and he is still working. We have guys who gained seniority in Oct. Sounds like everyone who wants to work still is.
I started working as D. Helper Nov.9 and worked every day except thanksgiving and Christmas. I recently started working again this Tuesday since the the Friday after christmas.
I'm not sure if helpers are allowed to gain seniority. I am paying 20.00 in union dues. Not sure if anybody can clarify this but I remember speaking with a helper who was a former preloader but quit and came back as a temp. He told me I couldn't be laid off if I'm paying dues If I'm supposed to be a temp only.

PT Car Washer

I started working as D. Helper Nov.9 and worked every day except thanksgiving and Christmas. I recently started working again this Tuesday since the the Friday after christmas.
I'm not sure if helpers are allowed to gain seniority. I am paying 20.00 in union dues. Not sure if anybody can clarify this but I remember speaking with a helper who was a former preloader but quit and came back as a temp. He told me I couldn't be laid off if I'm paying dues If I'm supposed to be a temp only.
You answered your own question. You are a temp. Like in a temporary job. Not permanent. Sorry.

HardknocksUPSer

I'm hoping I will be able to speak with my center's hiring manager next time I pick up my check. My Driver also told me about about two weeks before Christmas that he had spoken to my coordinator about my interest. The only thing is my coordinator isn't In charge of hiring workers.
Just hit it hard and live up to your word if you get hired, if not hired keep a check for open positions once a week till they break down and find you something to do lol

HardknocksUPSer

We had a building tour go through on twilight last night.
Really? Wow that's a goood sign, our reload is needing help as welll, I told my preload sup I was going to reload if he didn't want me on preload, next day he asked if I wanted a permanent position and had me fill out papers, I personally like the atmosphere or reload better but not the hours and dollar cut