Got Jealousy over BC???

LiL"Comet"

Does anyone besides myself catch grief over the time you spend on BC?? My hubby will see me walking towards the puter and say "Brown Cafe is closed" LOL. I will start a support group for BC members when we are put in the brown shed over BC from our spouses.

Are you feeling lonely, signs of BC talk in your head and just can't get it out, in need of using smileys to get your point across instead of words, and feeling of inadequacies?? Then join "Brown Shed" there will be people who shares your same feelings and help work through your problems. LOL
Meetings will be held around the clock for full support.:woohoo:

over9five

Staff member
I like it!

I recommend that Cheryl create a new forum called "Brown Shed".

Lil Comet can be the host of Brown Shed, and we can talk about our addiction there!

We'll discuss "spousal issues".

We'll discuss "addiction".

We'll discuss "recovery".

I can't wait!

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
my name is edd_tv and i am an addict.
i am addicted to browncafe. and in no way, shape or form is that a bad thing. i spend 10 or more hours a day at a job that sometimes frustrates me to no end. it keeps me from my fiance, my house projects, my puppy dogs and boat and many many more things i would rather be doing. yet, the first thing i do when i return from said job is to log on to browncafe and talk and read about... my job.

i receive flack from my fiance all the time about how much time i spend on here. she is coming around though lol. im all for a support group for us bc'ers.
to quote the great Red Green:

"Remember, Im pullin for ya, were all in this together"

LiL"Comet"

Just tell him "keep it up and there will be other closings around here also".

LOL :peaceful:

Its so funny that we spend so much time here :surprised: When we leave our job we come home and talk about it some more... I need my BC time and I need it now LOL..

9.5, Dilli, Cach, Sate, Edd first official members the rest are just to scared to admit it LOL and that's the first step.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ok, OK, Im guilty. I had to wait til he was gone to get on here.
Seriously, He used to think we discussed nothing but work and couldnt see the logic when I spend so much time there. Then I showed him that is rarely about work, at least with the senior people, most of us already have all our questions answered about that, hence we know it all now:smart:

Its about time to discuss things with other like minded people, (usually) people with the same values, problems, concerns etc. Its our beer garden, since we dont get to meet after work anymore. Its fellowship, its comfort, it is friendship. And it is there when you need it no matter what time you get home. Id be lost without the support.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
I've allways wondered why after a long day of work I would get on BC. Thought it was because I could not belive it is the same everywhere. But I must admit it is a addiction and I have to at least get a quick peek after work.

LiL"Comet"

I'm so proud of you Tooner you took the first step. LOL:wink2:

Seriously, He used to think we discussed nothing but work and couldnt see the logic when I spend so much time there. Then I showed him that is rarely about work, at least with the senior people, most of us already have all our questions answered about that, hence we know it all now:smart:

Very well said !!!

Its about time to discuss things with other like minded people, (usually) people with the same values, problems, concerns etc. Its our beer garden, since we dont get to meet after work anymore. Its fellowship, its comfort, it is friendship. And it is there when you need it no matter what time you get home. Id be lost without the support.

To think it took me this long to find out about BC I too have to get a peek Daily

I've allways wondered why after a long day of work I would get on BC. Thought it was because I could not belive it is the same everywhere. But I must admit it is a addiction and I have to at least get a quick peek after work.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I was up at 2:30a the other morning. I spent several hours on BC. I am on every morning and evening(unless I'm on vacation. Got to have some priorities).

I used to come home and watch TV. Now I come home and turn the TV on and watch BC. LOL

I am an insomniac, sometimes I wake up at 3:30 and can't get back to sleep. I come here and read/post till I get sleepy again. I hardly ever log on in the evenings, I spend that time with my new wife. After all one of the reasons I wanted to be married to her is I like spending time with her.
She fully understands my time on BC and never says anything about it. She just wishes I could sleep better.

browndevil

I was up at 2:30a the other morning. I spent several hours on BC. I am on every morning and evening(unless I'm on vacation. Got to have some priorities).

I used to come home and watch TV. Now I come home and turn the TV on and watch BC. LOL
Dill this is exactly what I do. I now watch football and the news over my shoulder:happy2:

chev

Nightcrawler
I wonder if I am the only one that posts from their phone. When I have down time waiting for my loads to wrap up, I will often get on BC while I wait. It is a little more difficult to post though.
My wife gets mad at me when we are watching TV and I have the laptop open to BC, browsing through the threads.

Bad Gas!

The Brown Shed sounds good. If we don't talk politics it will be more fun....I've about had it with the election..And every other post is Obama this, McCain that..Enough...Let's get back to complaining about our jobs like real life UPSers///

chev

Nightcrawler
The Brown Shed sounds good. If we don't talk politics it will be more fun....I've about had it with the election..And every other post is Obama this, McCain that..Enough...Let's get back to complaining about our jobs like real life UPSers///

Just hang in there. 5 more days and it will all be over and we can all stop biting each others heads off. :wink2::whiteflag:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Totally agree...the posters in those political threads are wound pretty tight.
Hopefully 3 more days ... remember 2000?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Absolutely!

I do the same thing.

I am an insomniac, sometimes I wake up at 3:30 and can't get back to sleep. I come here and read/post till I get sleepy again. I hardly ever log on in the evenings, I spend that time with my new wife. After all one of the reasons I wanted to be married to her is I like spending time with her.
She fully understands my time on BC and never says anything about it. She just wishes I could sleep better.

Congratualtions, trplnkl, best wishes to you guys.

I used to have trouble sleeping as well. Started sleeping really well though when I started my workout program at the gym. Now I'm not saying that you have to become super human and big like Ahnold, but you'd be surprised at what a moderate exercise program could do for you in the sleep department, not to mention the libido department as well. Just a healthy suggestion, my friend.

I wonder if I am the only one that posts from their phone. When I have down time waiting for my loads to wrap up, I will often get on BC while I wait. It is a little more difficult to post though.
My wife gets mad at me when we are watching TV and I have the laptop open to BC, browsing through the threads.

Chev, you've got it bad, you'd better report to LiLComet ASAP.

Totally agree...the posters in those political threads are wound pretty tight.
Hopefully 3 more days ... remember 2000?

Depending on how this election goes....I'm sure we'll be back to our normal selves by December, then we can rant on other things.

I'm just hoping to get my 30 day Brown Shed pin, because I too am addicted. Just last night I had a "discussion" with the wife about the BC. I even brought out the phrase, "you're not my mother", LOL:wink2:

LiL"Comet"

OK Chev I'm calling an emergency meeting with you be out back in the brown shed tomorrow morning @ 7:00am we need to talk about this....

LOL :wink2::rofl: