Got my benefits package

CJinx

Ah, so that is the root of the issue; your need to try and stick it to the man. Glad we got that resolved.

STFXG

I'm sorry but $400 would not make that big of a difference in my life. And yes it is our money when you consider the premiums we have paid over the years. It's not about losing the $400, it's about making FedEx pay out that money. Anytime we can take money from Fred, I'm all in.

there's only one thing you're taking from Fred and it's not his money.

Artee

Again nothing in there says it's guaranteed to roll over and I'm sure that wording was put in there to discourage people from using it.

The only way not to use the HRA and have it roll over is to not go to the doctor. HR told us last week that when you go to the DR instead of paying your coinsurance, Anthem is set up with a direct link to your HRA account and will automatically deduct the amount owed from your account. If you have the option of Kaiser, they are not set up like Anthem yet. You will have to pay your coinsurance up front and then submit a claim for to kaiser to get reimbursed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The only way not to use the HRA and have it roll over is to not go to the doctor. HR told us last week that when you go to the DR instead of paying your coinsurance, Anthem is set up with a direct link to your HRA account and will automatically deduct the amount owed from your account. If you have the option of Kaiser, they are not set up like Anthem yet. You will have to pay your coinsurance up front and then submit a claim for to kaiser to get reimbursed.

The important thing to remember is that your HCA is a pittance, and a weak attempt to mask the smell of a freshly created turd.

Artee

The important thing to remember is that your HCA is a pittance, and a weak attempt to mask the smell of a freshly created turd.

The sad part about it though it sure makes it seem cheap compared to my Obama care rate. Through my state exchange it would cost me over $1120 a month for the cheapest plan for worse coverage and no dental and vision.

MAKAVELI

The sad part about it though it sure makes it seem cheap compared to my Obama care rate. Through my state exchange it would cost me over $1120 a month for the cheapest plan for worse coverage and no dental and vision.
I don't know what your family situation is but my rate through the exchange in my state with the subsidy would be pretty close to what I pay FedEx.

Rhoderunner

I don't know what your family situation is but my rate through the exchange in my state with the subsidy would be pretty close to what I pay FedEx.

You won't qualify for the subsidy. FedEx already mailed out the statements saying we would NOT qualify for subsidies because they offer us plans that meet the requirements of the ObamaCare Act.

Artee

You won't qualify for the subsidy. FedEx already mailed out the statements saying we would NOT qualify for subsidies because they offer us plans that meet the requirements of the ObamaCare Act.

I also believe per my household income I would not qualify for the subsidy. The quote the exchange gave me asked only for income, adults and dependents. It had no idea of where I worked or whether I currently have insurance and if it exceeds the minimum requirements.

bbsam

Staff member
I won't qualify but the quote I got was about $700 per month or roughly half what I am now paying.

MAKAVELI

I am well aware that I don't qualify for the subsidy because of FedEx providing coverage but not income level as I would have switched if I did qualify.

newgirl

Is it correct that we now will pay the cost of the doctor visit from this account and not what we are used to as a co-pay? For example, the dr. charges 125.00 for a visit and that's what gets taken out, as opposed to the 25.00 copay we pay now? One trip to my sons neurologist will seriously deplete it.

!Retired!

I'm sorry but $400 would not make that big of a difference in my life. And yes it is our money when you consider the premiums we have paid over the years. It's not about losing the $400, it's about making FedEx pay out that money. Anytime we can take money from Fred, I'm all in.
Maybe $400won't make a huge difference. But, if you don't use it and you need $800 the following year, you'll breath a sigh of relief.
Ask the Obama supporters how they feel now that they elected him.
My rate would be what I/we would pay if I went under my wides plan. She's happy with Kaiser, so I won't even look at our plans family prices.
Is it correct that we now will pay the cost of the doctor visit from this account and not what we are used to as a co-pay? For example, the dr. charges 125.00 for a visit and that's what gets taken out, as opposed to the 25.00 copay we pay now? One trip to my sons neurologist will seriously deplete it.
I'm not sure. But, I thinkit would be equal to what you would pay...30% or, in your example $37.50. But, I can't be sure.
How do the deductibles, copay and doctors/hospitals compare?
There is no co-pay for anything anymore, except for medication ($5 generic). Deuctibles, for the most part, have doubled. As has the max out of pocket.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Exactly. I would have saved money through the ACA and gotten better coverage. By meeting the minimum standards, FedEx made sure we would not qualify to participate.

Rhoderunner

The HRA account pays any deductible and coinsurance for any visit NOT a preventive care visit (those cost you zero). You may not have to pay anything out of your pocket for those first few visits. When this HRA account gets depleted then you will pay any deductibles that remain and the coinsurance.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The HRA account pays any deductible and coinsurance for any visit NOT a preventive care visit (those cost you zero). You may not have to pay anything out of your pocket for those first few visits. When this HRA account gets depleted then you will pay any deductibles that remain and the coinsurance.

The big problem is that the tiny amount of money they are giving you will quickly be depleted for most employees. This is a huge takeaway, but by "giving" you something, it makes it seem like Fred isn't raping you...again. He absolutely IS.