Got my eyes on you

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Mr.Golden, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Mr.Golden

Mr.Golden Active Member

Was looking for my phone charger in the offices at the building when I stumbled upon two pkg that says "test pkg dummy". I was like wtf they do crap like this?? I picked up and shook it...I couldn't tell what's in it but it felt heavy to be in a express pkg box. Any thoughts?ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1437885335.755437.jpg
  2. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

It was meant for you to test package, dummy.

You passed.
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Mr.Golden

Mr.Golden Active Member's funny cause I automatically knew what route it goes on when I looked at the address. Personally I think it's more to that.
  4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

You must have some golden nuggets of knowledge we don't then.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

They did this when My Choice first came out, mainly corporate folks on our routes would use their homes as addresses and fool with the my choice options to see turn around, alt delivery options, and time frames as the package moved through the system.
  6. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

It's obviously asking you to test the package for shifting contents. Don't forget to lift with a smooth and steady motion.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Keep the natural curve of your back, step or pivot--don't twist and use existing equipment or facilities to assist in the lift/lower.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Could be the exam for entry into on car supervision?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  9. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Fragile means throw underhand.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

And the orientation arrows always point to the bottom.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Wait. You claim to be a driver yet you were looking for your phone charger in the offices?

Something smells fishy.
  12. Mr.Golden

Mr.Golden Active Member

Naw it can't be...why would the center send 2 pkgs out on different streets just for the driver to "test the pkgs for shifting contents"? I think they on to the driver about something else....
  13. Mr.Golden

Mr.Golden Active Member

Lmao where else in the center would I find a vacant outlet to plug in besides the office(s)
  14. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Did that in feeders all the time. Assign you an empty trailer to take out, planted a "seed" to see if you checked before you left.

Ironic in that if you do, meaning, a lot of times you had to climb up IN the trailer (not me) and walk it or pull over to ladder area, back up, pull up ladder, climb up and walk inside, climb out, put ladder back then pull to outbound and explain why you're late.

Side note:
    Years ago, at an extended center, had to hook up set of empties to take back. Hooked and was checking for "seeds". In one was 4 SDA packages that were NOT "seeds". Of course took em in but wondered, because some of the MTs on the lot didn't move for days, how long they were in there.
  15. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

Well, once ORION "optimizes" that route those two streets would actually become 10 with 35 miles...... even though the two streets are only 5 miles from the center.
  16. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

I got my eyes on you, you’re everything that I see
    I want your hot love and emotion endlessly
  17. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

You don't have the PCMs where they pick out a driver and have him use the methods to pick up a package? That's what those dummy packages are for, probably. You're paranoid.
  18. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Could be for the customer who is asking what it is?
  19. d-rek357

d-rek357 Member

I heard an on road say it was for testing our system for temperature sensitive materials.
  20. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

You're right, that is F'in hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing! I mean what else is more hilarious than actually knowing what route a package goes to....AFTER LOOKING AT THE ADDRESS!!!!! My sides are splitting!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List