Got rid of ORIAN

Dustyroads

It's time and a half here, always has been. I'm guessing we've been "on bonus" for twenty years. It was voted out once, and then it was voted back in. As for the driver of the wrecked truck, he was uninjured, as amazing as that looks. He was terminated. Although he was a hero when he was making 2 or 3 hours of bonus for the center, he was a goat when he crashed. It really doesn't pay, even at time and a half.

2Slow

In my (former) center, Bonus is paid at straight time up to 8 hours, then at time and a half over 8 hours. Just like you had actually worked it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I still don't believe bonus is straight time anywhere. We had a guy in our center think it was straight time. Apparently never made any. I would like to see a check stub as proof. Moving faster to make less money makes no sense.

2Slow

I still don't believe bonus is straight time anywhere. We had a guy in our center think it was straight time. Apparently never made any. I would like to see a check stub as proof. Moving faster to make less money makes no sense.

Ok, suppose you work 7.5 hours one day, then you go home. The computer decides that you should have taken 9.0 hours to do that work. (In my building) You would get paid 0.5 hours at straight time, and 1.0 hours at time and a half... Just like you had actually done the work.

The thing with bonus is you don't really make more money, you (supposedly) make the same money but get to go home sooner.
And, I've seen a lot of people fired over doing stupid stuff to make bonus. I was part of a group of guys who tried to vote it out of our center a few years ago, we didn't suceed but we tried.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Ok, suppose you work 7.5 hours one day, then you go home. The computer decides that you should have taken 9.0 hours to do that work. (In my building) You would get paid 0.5 hours at straight time, and 1.0 hours at time and a half... Just like you had actually done the work.

The thing with bonus is you don't really make more money, you (supposedly) make the same money but get to go home sooner.
And, I've seen a lot of people fired over doing stupid stuff to make bonus. I was part of a group of guys who tried to vote it out of our center a few years ago, we didn't suceed but we tried.

In some Centers the drivers claim all bonus is straight time. A 10 hour day done in 9 would be 8 straight, 1 time and a half and 1 straight (bonus). You would lose half an hour pay by running bonus. I agree it's not really a bonus, just being paid by the load.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In some Centers the drivers claim all bonus is straight time. A 10 hour day done in 9 would be 8 straight, 1 time and a half and 1 straight (bonus). You would lose half an hour pay by running bonus. I agree it's not really a bonus, just being paid by the load.

Although that last hour is straight time, and you do lose half an hour of pay, you are being paid for an hour while you are not working.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Although that last hour is straight time, and you do lose half an hour of pay, you are being paid for an hour while you are not working.

But you did the same amount of work. You just got it done quicker. This seems more like a penalty for being fast than a bonus. I'm just curious why some pay bonus straight and some Centers at time and a half. Bonus is not a union negotiated benefit.

C

chitterling

dragon, i'd like to visit your planet BROWNNOSER and i'll take 10 dollars worth of whatever you are smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!