Got the call to drive FT....sorta

Let me begin by saying I'm an outside hire that has worked two seasons as a casual. The last day I worked was 1/17. Got a call from HR that they want to hire me FT and needed my verbal permission to do a background check, then they need to get permission from the union to hire me. I was told to expect a call in two weeks. Anyone think this sounds odd or is just the modus operandi of a unionized company? I wasn't planning on going back again as a casual because, frankly, I can't afford to wait 5 years to go FT.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jj1213

Need that full time
Mainly because I got 16 years and they can't brainwash me. Blizzard conditions and I didn't scratch when weather cleared up I was not given a chance to scratch

upschuck

Mainly because I got 16 years and they can't brainwash me. Blizzard conditions and I didn't scratch when weather cleared up I was not given a chance to scratch
You should have allowed yourself to be brainwashed for the thirty days it took you to be qualified. Cause no trouble during that time.

Jj1213

Need that full time
You should have allowed yourself to be brainwashed for the thirty days it took you to be qualified. Cause no trouble during that time.
All I did was ask questions. Got back smart as$ answers they set me up to fail. Shop steward came to me and asked how come your not working he saw what they were doing management don't like that. Sad thing is I can do job and I'm not gona milk clock they missed out

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Meet or exceed the standards for a package delivery driver.
Sorta...The computer spits out a daily paid day it thinks it should have taken a driver to run a route and to "scratch" is to get off the clock in time to only be paid for that amount of time. So if the computer thinks it should have taken 9.1 hours that day and you came in 9.2 you were .1 hours "paid over" and if you came in at 9.1 hours or less you scratched the route.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorta...The computer spits out a daily paid day it thinks it should have taken a driver to run a route and to "scratch" is to get off the clock in time to only be paid for that amount of time. So if the computer thinks it should have taken 9.1 hours that day and you came in 9.2 you were .1 hours "paid over" and if you came in at 9.1 hours or less you scratched the route.

This is a bit misleading. If the paid day was 9.1 and you did it in 8.5 you only get paid for 8.5, not 9.1