Got the call to go ft package driver

mrwiliker

I dont want to get to excited yet. I havent had to much stick shift experience and most of it was like 8 years ago. What to expect for dot driving test? Stall = fail ? I just dont want an instant dq. Anyone have advice?

PT Car Washer

I dont want to get to excited yet. I havent had to much stick shift experience and most of it was like 8 years ago. What to expect for dot driving test? Stall = fail ? I just dont want an instant dq. Anyone have advice?
Why would you apply for a job you may not be qualified for? Should have bought a stick shift car or truck years ago. Too late now.

9.5er

Ask a sup. if you can drive a package car around the parking lot to get used to it before they send you to school.

mrwiliker

Im ready to work hard and I drive great. You have to be a stick shift pro? I thought most of the qualification related to that. Are you saying I cant pass that test with a rudimentary stick shift skill set?

Im ready to work hard and I drive great. You have to be a stick shift pro? I thought most of the qualification related to that. Are you saying I cant pass that test with a rudimentary stick shift skill set?
They will more than likely, make you qualify on a stick shift. 9.5er was correct in saying "ask your sup to pratice in the yard".....Good luck!

Cementups

Box Monkey
our manual transmission trucks are getting fewer every day.

Actually they just started outfitting our building for natural gas vehicles. Not sure when they are coming though.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Come on youngblood your a dude, you got to know how to drive a stick shift lol. Just bustin your chops bro, but seriously get some practice in the yard or at home. Good luck dude:cool-little:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So glad I got an automatic. Id rather be jammed up in a lil smurf truck with an automatic than a bigger truck with lots of walking room with a manual tranny. FUNK DAT LOL. I don't love that stick shift:teethy:

icu

for who you are !

If they call back, tell them they have the wrong number ! That way you can go learn to
drive one.

scisector9

Good suggestions. I hadn't driven a stick in years when I started looking into driving. I called a buddy who drove a stick and we went cruising for a couple hours. Practiced parking in hills and reversing.

They let me take car around hub lot before actual test. FYI I stalled the car twice starting test and grinded gears a few times. After we settled in things calmed down. Nerves had a lot to do with it I'm sure. Plus ups cars are a mess of gears compared to a car.

I also asked to take training car out when at driver school to get a feel for the clutch.

Relax and have confidence.

Cheers

Sent using BrownCafe App