Got To Admit These DIAD V's Can Take A Beating...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ArcherUTR, Jun 6, 2015.

1. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

I hear some drivers drop them pretty hard at least a few or more times a day. It's pretty impressive actually

They don't sign well for :censored2: though. And I swear some people have ghost hands, usually really old ladies. The DIAD will just not respond at all to their writing no matter how hard they press.

Why do we not use the cameras on the back? It would be great to take a photo of the delivery address from a reasonable distance. It would help identify the house and that the package was out of sight and out of weather.

When replacing your stylus and the cord - thread the stylus first, then thread the cord. At the time when I need to do so I can never quite remember that. Shouldn't have to, it's just logic. But I do it wrong at first every time.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

From what I have been told the focal range on the camera is very limited----just enough to take a picture of where the package was left.

If you have a delivery that you are unsure of you can always use your cellphone camera to document it.

3. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

If you have a delivery you are unsure of you should get a signature or not leave it at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

Where do I get this work provided cell phone?

I kid, I kid.

I have done that and will do that again, but Johney is correct.

5. Number24

Number24 #24

Speaking of the DIAD V, anybody know of any online training on how to use one?

6. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

iGate, I believe.

7. Number24

Number24 #24

whats iGate

8. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Where all the online training is at, has to be accessed from a UPS computer(I think), nothing on the www.

9. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

Where can I find the UPS methods online? They seem to be changing quickly due to ORION.

Also just to refresh. I obviously have flowed much like water around a boulder to my own methods.

10. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

I drop mine at least 3x a week. Only one time was it not functional afterwards. Reset it, but kept freezing on the Motorola screen. Luckily it was the end of the day. Only had 3 stops left.

It's a pain when the screen is all scratched up. The board for the route I covered last week is bad. Can barely make out the house numbers it's so scratched. The 8s look like 0s, and vice versa

11. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I took the plastic covering off the screen, and its like a brand new diad screen. The consignees ask if I got a new one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Too bad they have not found a means to use the camera to take photo of who it was left with, along with the signature.
    Would cut down on the number of folks claiming they never got their item.....

13. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I can just see it now:
    Customer : WAIT, let me do my hair before you take my picture.

14. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Or some creep taking obscene selfie with it.
    That's so BS

15. UpstateNYUPSer

We as drivers do not have the right to take someone's picture without their permission.

16. rod

rod retired and happy

upskirt

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

"See I told you I recognized that haircut!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

You know some driver somewhere is going to take a picture of his junk because he finds it funny...you just know it.

19. UpstateNYUPSer

Juvenile.

20. Who?