Gov. Christie declared State of Emergency.

barnyard

KTM rider
Check your DOT website. We rarely have a state of emergency here, but when we do, some roads can be closed. If they are closed and you get stuck, besides having to pay for the tow, there is also a state fine.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I don't believe they can make you work if it is state of emergency level 2 or 3. Would probably have to check with your dot website on the driving restrictions. I refuse to go in if it is level 2 or 3.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It should say somewhere but it could be different from state to state as to how it is described, the restrictions that is.

thessalonian13

I don't believe they can make you work if it is state of emergency level 2 or 3. Would probably have to check with your dot website on the driving restrictions. I refuse to go in if it is level 2 or 3.
this is from his press release: “Tonight’s winter weather is expected to produce snow and ice, creating hazardous travel conditions and affecting areas throughout the state that are already recovering from yesterday’s storm,” said Governor Christie. “I’ve authorized state officials to continue all necessary actions to assist, and my Administration will continue monitoring conditions throughout the remainder of the storm. I encourage all New Jerseyans to drive carefully and remain off the roads if possible so that our first responders and public safety officials can safely respond to any emergency situations.”

Tonight’s storm is expected to continue into tomorrow afternoon, bringing additional snow and ice to areas that experienced significant snowfall during yesterday’s storm. A potential mixture of hazardous travel conditions, fallen trees, power outages and flooding are anticipated.

thessalonian13

In anticipation of the severe winter weather, Governor Chris Christie declared a state of emergency in New Jersey, asking all residents to stay off the roads if possible.

Christie also authorized the closing of state offices on Wednesday for all non-essential employees.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah that means that they have not put a restriction on travel yet. But that could change. Youll know when they say nobody is allowed on road to travel except for 1st responders,dot workers and local law enforcement

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
In my area if the governor is going to close the highways UPS will tell us to come in at the last minute. That's about the only way they'll call us in.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Check with your mgt team if you are working. We have been sent out during level 3 snow events because we carry "vital supplies." I guess victoria secret is vital during a blizzard

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
In anticipation of the severe winter weather, Governor Chris Christie declared a state of emergency in New Jersey, asking all residents to stay off the roads if possible.

Christie also authorized the closing of state offices on Wednesday for all non-essential employees.
Must make a person proud to be considered a non-essential employee.