Gov. Christie declared State of Emergency.

Holydriver

My center had to work yesterday (less than a fourth of the available drivers showed up) but the drivers in a neighboring center thats pretty close to us were sent home. It wasn't because of a difference in driving conditions. Our area was actually hit harder than theirs. It based solely on the differences in our center managers.
I got the message to return to building yesterday around 1pm. I was returning to building and passing our neighboring center still out delivering. I'd day my management handled it very good.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Maybe you didn't I have worked in both blizzards and ice storms we just had an ice storm on Tuesday 500,000 people have no power guess what we worked its very true and we were under a state of emergency

Sent using BrownCafe App

You were foolish to show up for work. Your statement proves how much UPS sucks. Should have told your local and /or state government.

When there is a state of emergency ONLY emergency vehicles are allowed on road. UPS is far from an emergency or necessary vehicle to be on the road.

@BlackCoffee, you do realize this thread is almost two years old, don't you?

And, it's been almost as long since the OP has posted.

wayfair

swollen member
My question, so if you called in to book off, and everyone else was called and told not to come in because operations were called off.... the guy who called in, does he have to use his opt 3 day or do they give everyone a layoff?

Dr.Brownz

Hows the air operation in KY? I hope all those planes stay there for a while. No air for a few days would be like a mini vacation!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I would like to see the guy in mngmnt who gives the ok to roll on a blizzard to hop in a feeder and give us a demo as to how to do it!!!