Government run "anything"......

moreluck

golden ticket member
2vtwh2d.jpg

JL 0513

I can't believe how ludicrous this proposal is. A good portion of the dems in congress now are full fledged communists.

I'd love for them to even begin to define what a "reasonable profit" is. The average profit margin oil companies make is 6.5%. Lower than most other industries. Companies get away with selling 2 gallons of water for the price of a gallon of gas.

And how about this little fact. Government confiscates 7 TIMES more on each gallon of gas than oil companies themselves make. And the oil companies do 100% of the work. And government says big oil is gouging customers, LOL.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I can't believe how ludicrous this proposal is. A good portion of the dems in congress now are full fledged communists.

I'd love for them to even begin to define what a "reasonable profit" is. The average profit margin oil companies make is 6.5%. Lower than most other industries. Companies get away with selling 2 gallons of water for the price of a gallon of gas.

And how about this little fact. Government confiscates 7 TIMES more on each gallon of gas than oil companies themselves make. And the oil companies do 100% of the work. And government says big oil is gouging customers, LOL.
The biggest problem is that this will make prices go up.
That happens every time government gets involved.

I'm waiting for Obama to make good on reducing gas prices. I think he is finding out that, being president, fuel prices are not even on his radar.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
I'm waiting for Obama to make good on reducing gas prices. I think he is finding out that, being president, fuel prices are not even on his radar.
Are you aware that when the US produces oil it goes straight to the worldwide market? Are you aware it has nothing to do with prices? Do you realize the only group that benefits from it are the oil companies that market the oil. If we opened everything area in the nation to drilling if would not directly affect gas prices. The price of gas has little to do with presidential policies or pipelines.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Price of gasoline is directly tied to the production capabilities of the refineries .
The more refineries that are on-line , thus more product is produced and prices drop .
What has happened here is most refineries are done adjusting their conversion to the winter blends ( being off-line ) and are fully functioning again .
There are up to 20 different types sold throughout the U.S. during the summer .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Price of gasoline is directly tied to the production capabilities of the refineries .
The more refineries that are on-line , thus more product is produced and prices drop .
What has happened here is most refineries are done adjusting their conversion to the winter blends ( being off-line ) and are fully functioning again .
There are up to 20 different types sold throughout the U.S. during the summer .

The REFINERS are busy SELLING the refineries to other companies like TESORO, and TESORO is busy shutting down those refineries in order to limit the amount of production keeping prices HIGH.

Its the same principle that REAGAN used when he shut down near 49 refineries during his term, and BUSH1 used when he shut down another near 30 refineries driving prices between the two presidents from under a buck a gallon to 1.45 a gallon in 12 years.

You "people" are sold on the concept that the Oil industry is your friend, and if we only give them more ability to drill for more oil, they will "trickle" down the benefits to us as consumers.

This is the falacy of your understanding of the oil market.

TOS.