Government run "anything"......

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Republicans run the 10 STATES with the highest poverty levels. Government by the Republicans alone is an even bigger disaster!
Name the states.

I bet most are in the south where the cost of living is lower so that skews the results.

Which you have been made aware of in previous posts, but continue to throw it right back out there like is was a real fact.

Didn't think I would forget, did you?

But if you are saying that the 10 most GHETTO cities in the US are not GHETTO because of Democratic policies, I am listening.

bbsam

Staff member
Great.

I tell I joke and get flak for it.

Last time I tell a joke.
The defining characteristic of a joke is that it is funny. Perhaps wk's post sapped the last drop of intelligence to pull you beneath the threshold of understanding that.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The defining characteristic of a joke is that it is funny. Perhaps wk's post sapped the last drop of intelligence to pull you beneath the threshold of understanding that.
Or maybe, you have no sense of humor to go along with no sense where to seek employment.

wkmac

Looking at some of the posts over the last couple of pages seems to me too prove Tolkein's point.

I'd like to now advise and extend my remarks.

"Looking at some of the posts over the last couple of pages and obviously several to come, seems to me too prove Tolkein's point."

As Elvis would say: Thank You, Thank You Very Much! ;)

wkmac

Or maybe, you have no sense of humor to go along with no sense where to seek employment.

RB, just ignore the gum bumpers here. I truly do appreciate a good sense of humor and I can truly say when I want a good laugh, any of your posts seem to do the trick for me.

I think a couple of other folks here also experience the same effect!

Keep It Up Bro!

You are :foamfinger: in my book.

rickyb

theres not commitment to pure free markets anywhere. the corporations like markets when its profitable, and they like government when its profitable. the whole "free markets" talk is just propaganda to have markets for the poor which means its ok for the poor to go bankrupt, or to have no social security, limited vacation, compete with 3rd world labor, etc etc etc.

wkmac

theres not commitment to pure free markets anywhere. the corporations like markets when its profitable, and they like government when its profitable. the whole "free markets" talk is just propaganda to have markets for the poor which means its ok for the poor to go bankrupt, or to have no social security, limited vacation, compete with 3rd world labor, etc etc etc.

I agree there are no pure free markets and also agree even those who propagandize under "free market" rhetoric in defense of capitalism would fight against truly free markets should they occur.

That said, as a market anarchist and advocate of radical freed markets, I've posted my friend Gary Chartier before and since the subject is going around, I'll post this again. Also the book "Markets, Not Capitalism" is completely open source and found in pdf form on the net.

JL 0513

Good Lord! You don't really think this is a "free market", do you?!

Why are you and others taking the term so literally? No one is talking about unfettered lawless markets. The American system, because of Democrats, is way overly regulated to the point that it's crushing small business because only big business have the resources to sort it all out and be in compliance with the thousands of pages of regs. So the big entities Dems say they are against, they prop up.

To be clear, conservatives are staunchly against crony capitalism, which is the type of capitalism people here are generalizating. The type of capitalism tied into government through special favors, protectionism...The Department of Commerce is fill with these hacks. Establishment politicians on both sides play the game. Get rid of all of them. People need to know the distinction between proper lawful free market capitalism and the rest.

Notice how Hong Kong has been so successful? That's one of the truest forms of free markets without going all the way to anarchy. You can open a business in an hour with one form. In America, good luck these days. Nevertheless, we are still a great place to create a business even though politicians are making it harder and harder. We've gotten to the point where it is literally illegal to put up a lemonade stand in a majority of areas because food handling licensing is required. It's not what America was built on and we need to go back to what did build America in the first place, simple common sense regulations.

BrownArmy

See, this is the problem. You really don't know what a conservative is. Only about 5% of Washington is conservative, the rest are establishment bums that are just as bad as the libs.

Let me see if I get this straight...there are some people in Washington that you are calling 'conservative', and they're against 'crony capitalism'?

Tell me who those people are, maybe I'll vote for them.

BrownArmy

Crony capitalism is more tied with Democrats than establishment Republicans too. If you don't know this, you live under a rock.

Um, no, crony capitalism is mostly tied to anyone who got elected.

It's not really a DEM/PUB thing, it's mostly a politician thing.

We could go round and round all day about DEMS VS. PUBS, but that's really not the point, and if you don't know this, you live under a rock.

JL 0513

A few who are running happen to be some of the most decent among Washington. Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio. True constitutional conservatives. Rand Paul leaning libertarian.

JL 0513

Um, no, crony capitalism is mostly tied to anyone who got elected.

It's not really a DEM/PUB thing, it's mostly a politician thing.

We could go round and round all day about DEMS VS. PUBS, but that's really not the point, and if you don't know this, you live under a rock.

No, I actually agree for the most part. Washington has a way of sucking the soul out of people and they completely lose touch and are ruined. Only a few good people maintain their integrity but it's rare.

JL 0513

People like Mitch McConnell and John Boehner sicken me and the are the two leaders in the Republican party. They are a disgrace and in no way represent us conservatives. Hopefully those on the left can see the glaring distinction between them and a good conservative.