Government run "anything"......

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
A few who are running happen to be some of the most decent among Washington. Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio. True constitutional conservatives. Rand Paul leaning libertarian.
No, I actually agree for the most part. Washington has a way of sucking the soul out of people and they completely lose touch and are ruined. Only a few good people maintain their integrity but it's rare.
The candidates you listed as the most true constitutional conservatives that will be running in 16' have already begun to lose touch. Rand Paul has all but abandoned his libertarian ideals as he tries to win over the GOP base. The Republican party is a lost cause if you really want a conservative government.

bbsam

Staff member
A few who are running happen to be some of the most decent among Washington. Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio. True constitutional conservatives. Rand Paul leaning libertarian.
I doubt that any of them are "true constitutional conservatives". They have a stump shtick that works with their constituents. That's all it is.

Sportello

Do really believe that?

Hook, line, and proverbial sinker right there, son.

JL 0513

Do really believe that?

Hook, line, and proverbial sinker right there, son.

And you probably voted for Obama, one of the biggest con artist of all time. Hope and change, LOL. Do you know anything about Ted Cruz? If you and others only listen to mainstream media, you know nothing about him.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And you probably voted for Obama, one of the biggest con artist of all time. Hope and change, LOL. Do you know anything about Ted Cruz? If you and others only listen to mainstream media, you know nothing about him.
That diversion you just did when you tried to make this about Obama will most likely define the next election.

rickyb

I agree there are no pure free markets and also agree even those who propagandize under "free market" rhetoric in defense of capitalism would fight against truly free markets should they occur.

That said, as a market anarchist and advocate of radical freed markets, I've posted my friend Gary Chartier before and since the subject is going around, I'll post this again. Also the book "Markets, Not Capitalism" is completely open source and found in pdf form on the net.

video overload man!!! i havent even watched that graeber vid you put up the other day

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I am pro-labor.

I am an independent.

But I back the Republicans mostly.

Where the Republicans control a state, the union membership usually is growing.

Where the Democrats contol a state, union membership and jobs are usually declining.

That's the truth.

Sort of takes your only reason left to be a Democrat away.

Hence, the are you stupid question.

Care to share your source? I'd like to read that for myself

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Care to share your source? I'd like to read that for myself
I am out of town for the 3 day weekend, so I am posting off my phone at the moment.

That being said, a link has been posted here on BC that supports my statement.

But a good example is how many companies (and jobs) left Democratic controlled states (like California) to go to a Republican controlled states (like Texas and Arizona)

More jobs usually equal more union jobs.

I'll find the link on Tuesday and post it here.

rickyb

I am out of town for the 3 day weekend, so I am posting off my phone at the moment.

But a good example is how many companies (and jobs) left Democratic controlled states (like California) to go to a Republican controlled states (like Texas and Arizona)

find the link for how many jobs have left america altogether for the 3rd world low wages, low regulations.

find how many jobs gone because of NAFTA

moreluck

golden ticket member
People like Mitch McConnell and John Boehner sicken me and the are the two leaders in the Republican party. They are a disgrace and in no way represent us conservatives. Hopefully those on the left can see the glaring distinction between them and a good conservative.
Only if they can tell the difference between Harry Reid and a good Democrat.....

bbsam

Staff member
It's strange that such attempts only impoverish those at the bottom and protect and reward those at the top. Perhaps Hazlitt's axiom needs to be rethought.

bbsam

Staff member
Warren Buffet knows his class has been winning the class warfare battles and it hasn't been without governmental assistance.

wkmac

More Food Stamp abuse. We should stop this kind of abuse for sure. Bunch of worthless leeches. Come on, let's shame them to death. And to think some people would actually treat these leeches as if they were "heroes"!

See stories of abuse here, here and here.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.

I'm from California, too. Bay Area, as left as it gets. Everybody I know is working, and most everybody I know is working-class.

After racking my brain the one person I can think of on unemployment is my ex-girlfriend's sister, who is a techie with a terrible work ethic.

I actually can't think of one other person I personally know that is hurting for a job. Everybody I know is getting by, even in a ridiculous housing and rent market like this. Hell, I'm even closing on a house in the Bay Area and I haven't even topped out yet.

If jobs are leaving California, it's sure fooling me. Maybe it's different in Nor Cal