Gov't. Waste

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Doberman lady, all you needed to say was "Here is another story from FoxNews". That was all I needed to hear. It is the same as hitting the snooze button on my alarm clock.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Doberman lady, all you needed to say was "Here is another story from FoxNews". That was all I needed to hear. It is the same as hitting the snooze button on my alarm clock.
I don't know who you are calling "doberman lady".................you must be AKC challenged. I thought you were speaking about tooner....she has Dobermans.

My dog is only 9 pounds and it's a Toy Manchester Terrier.

It's been around since the 1500's starting in England.
If you don't know your breeds, just call it a dog, Vlad.

Dracula

I don't know who you are calling "doberman lady".................you must be AKC challenged. I thought you were speaking about tooner....she has Dobermans.

My dog is only 9 pounds and it's a Toy Manchester Terrier.

It's been around since the 1500's starting in England.
If you don't know your breeds, just call it a dog, Vlad.

Who cares?

Dracula

See, you don't want to hear the truth. Inquiring minds want to know....Yours? Not so much!

Here's the truth and your response is, "Who cares"? Typical liberal !!

I'm not too concerned with the exact species your dog is. You avatar is close enough to a doberman for me. There you go, just what a 'typical liberal" would say, right?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]2,362 Millionaires Got Unemployment Benefits[/h] In addition to the 2,362 people with adjusted gross incomes of $1 million or more who got unemployment benefits in 2009, there were also 8,335 people with incomes between $500,000 and $1 million who received benefits and 120,227 with incomes between $200,000 and $500,000 who received benefits.
Department of Labor regulations require that unemployment benefits must be paid to all unemployed workers regardless of their income.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7]

Net Jobs = zero

[/SIZE][/FONT]The Labor Department paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal stimulus funds to a public relations firm to run more than 100 commercials touting the Obama administration’s “green training” job efforts on two MSNBC cable shows, records show.
The commercials ran on MSNBC on shows hosted by Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann in 2009, but the contract didn’t report any jobs created, according to records reviewed recently by The Washington Times.
Spending reports under the federal Recovery Act show $495,000 paid to McNeely Pigott & Fox Public Relations LLC, which the Labor Department hired to raise awareness “among employers and influencers about the [Job Corps] program’s existing and new training initiatives in high growth and environmentally friendly career areas” as well as spreading the word to prospective Job Corps enrollees.
The firm ultimately negotiated ad buys for “two approved spots” airing 14 times per week for two months on “Countdown With Keith Olbermann” and “The Rachel Maddow Show,” according to a project report, which listed the number zero under a section of the report asking how many jobs had been created through the stimulus contract.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
tshirt.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
With Farm Bill Stalled, Consumers May Face Soaring Milk Prices

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/u...dxnnlx=1356095192-La9z3tHixRUxlw1pEGpmwg&_r=0

WASHINGTON — Forget the fiscal crisis and the automatic budget cuts.
Come Jan. 1, there is a threat that milk prices could rise to $6 to $8 a gallon if Congress does not pass a new farm bill that amends farm policy dating back to the Truman presidency.
Lost in the political standoff between the Obama administration and Congressional Republicans over the budget is a virtually forgotten impasse over a farm bill that covers billions of dollars in agriculture programs. Without last-minute Congressional action, the government would have to follow an antiquated 1949 farm law that would force Washington to buy milk at wildly inflated prices, creating higher prices in the dairy case.
... if 1949 rules go into effect, the government would be required to buy dairy products at around $40 per hundredweight — roughly twice the current market price — to drive up the price of milk to cover dairy producers’ cost.
For dairy farmers like Dean Norton in upstate New York, who are struggling with high feed costs caused by this summer’s drought, a jump in prices would be welcomed.
“But it would be short-term euphoria followed by a long hangover that would be difficult for us to recover from,” said Mr. Norton, who is president of the New York Farm Bureau. “I don’t think customers and food processors are going to pay double what they are paying now for dairy products.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
My doctor always says that milk past the growing child stage is not needed. So, put that water or kool-aid on your cereal.
Of course, he wants me to be a vegan too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is what they’re spending our tax dollars on?

(CNSNews.com) – Labor Secretary Hilda Solis on Thursday announced a $2.2 million grant that will be used to strengthen budding labor unions in Haiti and Peru.

The taxpayer money will fund projects organized by the AFL-CIO’s Solidarity Center, which aims to build a global labor union movement.

“Supporting the ability to organize and protect their rights is important to leveling the playing field for all workers,” Solis said in a news release.

"This grant will help organizations in Haiti and Peru engage in productive, effective negotiations with governments and employers on behalf of vulnerable workers.”
In Haiti, the Solidarity Center will work with the apparel export sector, focusing particularly on issues related to freedom of association (the right to unionize), sexual harassment and forced overtime.