Gov't. Waste

island1fox

Bad behavior and waste --justified again by pointing out bad behavior and waste. Right and left wackos are the real problem. They are so entrenced rooting for "their side" -the politicians just take 100% advantage.

"Obama takes 100 Million dollar vacation while closing down White House tours for children" -----"-Well Bush did it too" ???????

The politicians just laugh --we keep working to make sure we "pay our fair share" to support the Royalty and the takers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Your kidding moreluck? Waste in the military in Afghanistan? SHOCKER! I am sure that never happened before in either Iraq or Afghanistan before Obama took office , right?

I am sure you think every dime was well spent by BUSH and the military, right?

or, just another case of too much fox news?

Peace

TOS
The fact that something may have happened before does not make it OK......Poor argument !!

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
The fact that something may have happened before does not make it OK......Poor argument !!
so luck, Why oh why were you and the rest of the fiscal hawks on Brown cafe not the first ones to complain about this???My guess is that every news source you reference supported bush and his policies so it didn't matter to you then..Oh who do you think paid for the former president and former first lady when they joined the current president???Take a guess luck..

moreluck

golden ticket member
It always mattered to me that our country sends too much money outside our country!!
I didn't get "active" (vocal) 'til the 2008 Elections.
You can only go back that far with me........before that I was more into jokes & quotes.
Quit whining about our problems......keep the $$$$$ and fix it here first.
Bush and Africa.....I associate the AIDS thing...........I don't with Obama.........just my feelings and they are neither right nor wrong.. just maybe you don't like them. Tough!
How many cars and limos were delivered to Africa for Bush ????????

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
It always mattered to me that our country sends too much money outside our country!!
I didn't get "active" (vocal) 'til the 2008 Elections.
You can only go back that far with me........before that I was more into jokes & quotes.
Quit whining about our problems......keep the $$$$$ and fix it here first.
Bush and Africa.....I associate the AIDS thing...........I don't with Obama.........just my feelings and they are neither right nor wrong.. just maybe you don't like them. Tough!
How many cars and limos were delivered to Africa for Bush ????????
I suspect that you didn't care until your fair and balanced news source told you how to think..Just My opinion on how you and all of the anti gov't types relate to the current President..Bush went Africa 7 time how many limos did he need??Presidents need to be Safe when they travel,thats why all the support staff..maybe he should fly commercial,rent from Hertz on go on his way..

moreluck

golden ticket member
I didn't do anything when Ike was president either......!!!!
If you hate Fox News.....turn the channel.........Maybe Chris Mathews is your cup of tea!!
I get my news from Fox, Yahoo and others.........my opinions are MINE !!! ALL MINE !!!!

oldngray

nowhere special
What Boondoggle? Carney unaware of $34M military HQ troops won't use | Fox News

3qzksm.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think I read somewhere that Muslims won't fly with their dogs.......hmmmmmm!!!!!
Our tax dollars hard at work.

Via Telegraph:
When President Barack Obama goes on holiday to the seaside things can get complicated.

Rooms have to be found for dozens of Secret Service agents, someone has to carry a selection of presidential basketballs, and of course the family dog needs his own state-of-the-art aircraft.

Arriving in the idyllic coastal retreat of Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts, Mr Obama left behind him in Washington DC high profile debates over the budget, government surveillance and his health care reforms. Instead, he will spend the next eight days playing golf, going to the beach, and buying books from the Bunch of Grapes bookstore.
In the air he swapped his suit and tie for khakis and a blue shirt with rolled-up sleeves, while Mrs Obama wore a yellow-and-white summer dress.

Bo, the president’s Portuguese Water Dog, arrived separately on one of two MV-22 Ospreys, a hybrid aircraft which takes off like a helicopter but flies like a plane.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7][/SIZE][/FONT]Nearly Every Major Agency Has Reduced Furloughs
When sequestration was about to kick in, the Obama administration began a nearly across-the-board campaign to discuss the devastating impact the automatic cuts would have on agency operations.

While many federal agencies have in fact moved forward with furloughs, and there remain countless examples of sequestration interfering with government operations, most major departments have reduced, or eliminated altogether, original furlough projections.
The earliest examples came from departments that told Congress they would have to furlough employees, but ended up backtracking. The Education and Justice departments fall into this category. The Agriculture, Transportation, and Homeland Security departments all received authority to transfer funds between agency accounts, and were therefore able to cancel planned furloughs. The Commerce Department promised furloughs at its National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, only to cancel them in May.
The most significant example of agency furloughs has come from the Defense Department. The Pentagon originally planned to furlough all 750,000 civilians for 22 days. It then used reprogramming to trim that number to 11 days, and more recently -- through a series of cost-cutting measures and inter-service transfer of funds -- reduced the days of unpaid leave to six.
Several agencies have relied on “internal reviews” of their financial conditions, during which they discovered cost-cutting measures had made their situations less dire than originally anticipated. This, in turn, allowed them to cut required furlough days.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I couldn't think of a better place to put this.............
[h=2]Biden Calls To Congratulate Boston’s New Dem Mayor Marty Walsh . . . Calls Wrong Marty Walsh…[/h]Boston Tuesday night, Martin Walsh’s cellphone rang. It was the vice president of the United States, Joseph R. Biden, offering his congratulations. “You son of a gun, Marty!” he thundered. “You did it!”
The only problem was, it was the wrong Marty Walsh.
Biden had called the cellphone of Marty Walsh, a former aide to US Senator Edward M. Kennedy who is now the president of Gateway Public Solutions, a government relations firm in Boston.
At the time, this Marty Walsh said, he was sitting on the couch with his wife at their home in Natick, watching the election results on television. Meanwhile, the other Marty Walsh, the one who had just been elected mayor of Boston, was at the Park Plaza Hotel, celebrating his victory.
The less-famous Marty Walsh said he thanked Biden for his kind words, but told him that he reached the wrong Marty. He offered to help the vice president track down the right one, the one who had just been elected mayor.
Marty Walsh said he also got jubilant voicemail messages from R.T. Rybak, the mayor of Minneapolis and vice chairman of the Democratic National Committee, and from US Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida, the chairwoman of the committee.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via Free Beacon:
Sen. Tom Coburn’s (R., Okla.) annual Wastebook was released Tuesday, detailing billions in frivolous government spending on everything from wine to romance novels.
As the federal debt surpassed $17 trillion in 2013, Coburn’s office named its top 100 examples of government waste, which cost taxpayers more than $30 billion this year.
“When it comes to spending your money,” Coburn wrote, “those in Washington tend to see no waste, speak no waste, and cut no waste.” [...]
While no manned missions to space are planned, NASA spent $360,000 paying people to “lie around and do nothing” for a study on weightlessness in space.
The agency spent $3 million for a seminar on “how the legislative process really works” in Congress; $237,205 to study red crabs; and $390,000 to create a cartoon superhero, the “Green Ninja,” to teach children about global warming.
The character fights his archenemies “plastic man, coal man, and junky corporate man.”

wkmac

Want an even better read as regards waste, you might use a source that even Coburn uses in the infamous "Pig Book" produced annually by Citizens Against Gov't Waste. Pigbook and CAGW expose misallocation and misappropriation of taxpayer resources eg tax dollars. You can click the drop down and pick any year back to the first in 1991' and see the waste yourself.

Year to year, regardless of party, the waste is still there and just as bad no matter the year. The only change are the cronies and their allegiance to getting their own nests feathered.

The Obamatons here should really check this out as there are some trend graphs on pork spending they could use as whips. But that assumes they have the smarts to even go look in the first place. The fact they haven't speaks to that.

island1fox

The real shame --waste is there --no one argues --yet the politicians --as they have their Christmas or Winter Solstice parties on our dime --cry they need more TAX MONEY ????????

Senators and Congressman live like kings --have huge staffs that do all the work ---while they party and laugh at us.

People thought Gov Perry was crazy when he said --We should have a part time government --pay them part time --and make sure they must have jobs and careers in the REAL world.

How do they make 175,000 a year ---but all leave Congress as multi -multi millionaires ????