GPS Glove for Drivers?

demetriddp

abomination of nature
would this be something that would help you drivers out? I don't know exactly how you find all your stops, but personally I suck with directions and I'd probably need a GPS.

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
would this be something that would help you drivers out? I don't know exactly how you find all your stops, but personally I suck with directions and I'd probably need a GPS.

Would you put these on and walk around with your hands stretched out, like the mummy?
mummy_art.jpg

InTheRed

Why do you need a GPS glove or GPS even? Drivers are creatures of habit. Once you learn the area (takes like a day...two tops to get down most of it, and if you're on the same route all the time in a week or two you should know everything except the rare delivery), you can do the route without any street signs posted.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I get paid by the hour! The longer it takes me to find an address the more money i make!:surprised:

demetriddp

abomination of nature
Why do you need a GPS glove or GPS even? Drivers are creatures of habit. Once you learn the area (takes like a day...two tops to get down most of it, and if you're on the same route all the time in a week or two you should know everything except the rare delivery), you can do the route without any street signs posted.

oh ok, I wasn't sure about that

demetriddp

abomination of nature
it would be useful for cover drivers who run different routes often. Or Sat air drivers.

sweet, I'll probably get one in black. It also has a distress beacon if someone kidnapps me!

crap I just read that it won't come out until we are like 90 years old....:angry:

demetriddp

abomination of nature
"The Vie uses GPS to map users’ journeys, allowing them to plan routes in advance, or discover and record routes for future use. Use it as a personal trainer, speed up running as it vibrates faster, cooldown when it slows. users can add friends, or VIEmates, and join an online community to compare results, share training programs, safe routes etc. All this can be then transferred via bluetooth

If the user is in danger, they can send a stress beacon in case of emergency straight to the police depending on urgency. A sign of heart failure automatically sends a SOS to the nearest hospital"

haydendavid380

is property of UPS
If you had to use GPS, I would think it would be safter to stick one on the window, so you could keep looking up, then looking down at your hands while driving.

What happens during the snow and rain when these things get wet? Or we you slam your hand in the back or bulkhead door?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
"The Vie uses GPS to map users’ journeys, allowing them to plan routes in advance, or discover and record routes for future use. Use it as a personal trainer, speed up running as it vibrates faster, cooldown when it slows. users can add friends, or VIEmates, and join an online community to compare results, share training programs, safe routes etc. All this can be then transferred via bluetooth

If the user is in danger, they can send a stress beacon in case of emergency straight to the police depending on urgency. A sign of heart failure automatically sends a SOS to the nearest hospital"

This is just plain weird, but then I look at the avatar and, well?:surprised:

If you had to use GPS, I would think it would be safter to stick one on the window, so you could keep looking up, then looking down at your hands while driving.

What happens during the snow and rain when these things get wet? Or we you slam your hand in the back or bulkhead door?

At least you won't end up with a DS style finger.:happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No pre-loaders, just mechanical arms picking boxes up and placing them on the truck. And some fat ass guy asleep, lonely, in a cold warehouse in front of a computer operators screen.

Which is what will happen if you keep letting those guys into your cars. I say you put these gloves on and scare the bajeebers out of them. That'll keep them away.:wink2:

sexyupsman

What, did everyone forget where their hands are? I am quite sure they are where I put them last. This would be crazy to wear in the heat of Florida summers.