GPS in the future?

BrownChoice

With the company trying to simplify the driver job, does anyone on BC think they will implement gps in package cars in the future?

It seems that could take care of the problem of going out on routes cold, but havent thought of how they would implement it with all the data and now ORION..

Thoughts?

bbsam

Staff member
They will utilize GPS. Home Delivery used it this past Christmas for temps to much success. I have yet to see one company use a technology and the other not.

Indecisi0n

They could easily add low cost gps with a small navigation screen telling how to get from stop to stop. My guess is the union would fight this.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
With the company trying to simplify the driver job, does anyone on BC think they will implement gps in package cars in the future?

It seems that could take care of the problem of going out on routes cold, but havent thought of how they would implement it with all the data and now ORION..

Thoughts?
To me figuring out where you're going isn't the hard part about going out blind. It's delivery points. Give me a map on a rural route and I'll do just fine. Make me hunt for the correct delivery location at 100 business stops and it'll get ugly fast.

S

selfcancelsignal

I prefer the play by play spoken over the maps when it comes to gps. Man that diesel makes that difficult.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Some of these younger drivers don't know how to use a map...unless it's on their iphone and tells them which way to turn....lol
That's the truth. I have a roll of about 15 laminated maps. I have asked many newbies if they want to borrow a map when going out blind. Most refuse and say no I have my phone. Most also regret that decision.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Liar , cheat, bad driver.

Learned that response from my sup.
1026.1.298.298.FFFFFF.0.jpeg