GPS on our power pads?

Express Courier

I've been doing it forever.
I'll do it on a pup route on occasion, if I have a drop box I just add it to that. Some routes don't do pups though. That's when I like to use the (Add Stop) thing. Though I do like the customer to be able to track their stuff asap, just for their peace of mind, so if I'm a long way off from a pup then (Add Stop). I'm not messing with dispatch if I don't need to. Also on some country routes you can't even connect to dispatch.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'll do it on a pup route on occasion, if I have a drop box I just add it to that. Some routes don't do pups though. That's when I like to use the (Add Stop) thing. Though I do like the customer to be able to track their stuff asap, just for their peace of mind, so if I'm a long way off from a pup then (Add Stop). I'm not messing with dispatch if I don't need to.
That's another reason I add them to a stop. My Dispatch is stretched way too thin and I try not to bother them if I don't have to. As long as it has a scan, that's what matters.

SmithBarney

Worried about GPS, really mess with your manager.
put your PPAD in one of these between stops.
Faraday Bags
ts2-faraday-bag-photo-01.jpg

SmithBarney

We were informed of GPS yesterday, so when I do request a walk up, two yesterday, three today, I also send off a message to my manager stating the PUP will not show the PU location, CMA.

Of course the pup won't show up at the right location it takes 30minutes to an hour for our dispatch to get around to sending walkups.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
20160708_173451.jpg

Does it have "GPS" next to the verizon network strength meter like on ground's powerpads?

they got rid of the turn by turn on the scanner but i guess they can still follow a courier's route from the comfort of their air conditioned office

McFeely

Huge Member
Does it have "GPS" next to the verizon network strength meter like on ground's powerpads?

I don't think I've noticed anything on the screen that says GPS on the Express ppads. I'll look this week.

Everytime I see a Ground powerpad I'm always amazed at all the color on the screen! I feel like the Express ones are using greenscreen DOS from like 1982.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yea, why are ups and express still operating black n white displays? I Just carry 2 extra batteries and rotate them every day to keep em "fresh".

Plus after my 2 hours of preloading my van, I'll switch it out to a fresh battery from the charging dock before heading out of the barn

A few drivers have plug in chargers as well...

McFeely

Huge Member
Yea, why are ups and express still operating black n white displays?

The only color I have ever seen on my screen (besides the boot-up screen) is my P1 deliveries in blue. We used to show FO deliveries in red, but they don't do that anymore.

I've always thought it would be cool to see my P1 deliveries in one color and my 3pm business commits in another color. All resi P2 stops could just be black. Would be helpful for a swing, especially.

whenIgetthere

The only color I have ever seen on my screen (besides the boot-up screen) is my P1 deliveries in blue. We used to show FO deliveries in red, but they don't do that anymore.

I've always thought it would be cool to see my P1 deliveries in one color and my 3pm business commits in another color. All resi P2 stops could just be black. Would be helpful for a swing, especially.

We have a newbie here who thought the zero labels which show up with an friend on the PPad screen were FO's, so she was chasing down what she thought were six FO's, when she only had one FO. Took a ton of lates.

Slick silver

This would be to advanced for express, they can't even get dra right.