GPS on our power pads?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I take you off of ignore and the 1st post of yours that I see is one where you attribute something to me that I never said or implied. It reminds me why I had put you on ignore in the first place and why you're going back on it again: your posts are just too stupid to bother reading. Shalom again!
This the second time you took me off of ignore. You're obviously doing this because it's your job as a shill to do so. MT3 must be proud of 'ya.

And by the way butt breath, I'm not stopping you from keeping me on ignore, am I?

MassWineGuy

Geez, grow up, children.

My manager could track my location a year ago, so I guess this has been in place for a while. At UPS, they can tell when a driver backs their truck up.

Like it says in the FedEx employee handbook, no one should presume that anything they do while working is protected by privacy.

outtatime

It's ridiculously difficult for couriers to get fired for performance (service, SPH) and they know it.
Few years back had a courier who transferred from another station. He got a route that no one bid on, wasn't a bad route from what I was told. Did about 25 and 70, with a couple 1600 and 1700 rdy. Previous driver was back to station by 1730 everyday. New guy gets on his own after 5 days of training and was out for over 12 hours a day, and other couriers had to go help when they were done. This route is in a metro city, with DRA (and daily maps) and defined borders as it was at the very corner bordering two other stations and about 3x5 miles square. After a check ride, the SM changed the route in the system to no more than 40 P2's, which in turn screwed everyone else in the loop as DRA moved all of them up to cover the difference.

I did the route blind one day (never did it before) and was finished delivering by 1400, took an hour break and waited around for another hour for the PUP's. This was also on a Mon, (he was T-S but the route was M-friend) where it had the full 70-80 P2's. I mean, how hard is it to follow numbers plotted on a pre-printed map and the whole truck in numerical order?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I did the route blind one day (never did it before) and was finished delivering by 1400, took an hour break and waited around for another hour for the PUP's. This was also on a Mon, (he was T-S but the route was M-friend) where it had the full 70-80 P2's. I mean, how hard is it to follow numbers plotted on a pre-printed map and the whole truck in numerical order?

Well you were obviously falsifying, because everyone here has told me that the only way to blow up a route like that is to falsify. I don't believe them, but they keep saying it so it must be true!

That aside, the easy way to fix that kind of problem is to get rid of couriers who can't make goal. Give them 3 months to do so. If they haven't made positive progress at the end of 3 months or hit 98% or above, adios. Something like that.

Last edited:

vantexan

Well you were obviously falsifying, because everyone here has told me that the only way to blow up a route like that is to falsify. I don't believe them, but they keep saying it so it must be true!

That aside, the easy way to fix that kind of problem is to get rid of couriers who can't make goal. Give them 3 months to do so. If they haven't made positive progress at the end of 3 months or hit 98% or above, adios. Something like that.
I'm doing a rt currently that has one main town, several smaller towns, and a lot of country around them. Numbers are set up for an in town rt and on days with few country stops that are close to town I'm well over 100%. Most days however I have quite a few spread out country stops and I'm running mid 80's to mid 90's%. No effort is made to correct the numbers, I run it right and my mgr constantly monitors the rt. Even doing 60-65mph all day but get no bump from that. By your estimation I should be fired. If I were topped out I probably would be fired. You assume the engineers have the rts right but not always.

vantexan

And P.S. what you really want is a climate of fear where couriers work on their break to make the numbers. But hey, bigger profits and you get to take back some of those future raises we've heard about!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And P.S. what you really want is a climate of fear where couriers work on their break to make the numbers. But hey, bigger profits and you get to take back some of those future raises we've heard about!

Where do you come up with your "you want people to work on their breaks" nonsense? Stop being so daft.

outtatime

And that same SM would constantly harass the 30+ year guy who busted his hump every day doing a route with about 25 and 110 a day. Super nice guy too and would always help out. He finally said eff it and retired after he was forced on a super heavy P1 business/hospital route that bulked out a 900 every day. Route is so heavy, you load your own truck and nothing else. Pretty easy route actually, just a ball buster on the pull and P1's.

My point is, it sucks to watch a SM baby some people and harass others simply because they've been with the company for 20+ years.

Purplepackage

And that same SM would constantly harass the 30+ year guy who busted his hump every day doing a route with about 25 and 110 a day. Super nice guy too and would always help out. He finally said eff it and retired after he was forced on a super heavy P1 business/hospital route that bulked out a 900 every day. Route is so heavy, you load your own truck and nothing else. Pretty easy route actually, just a ball buster on the pull and P1's.

My point is, it sucks to watch a SM baby some people and harass others simply because they've been with the company for 20+ years.

Is this current? I'm actually more interested that you still have a 900 in your station

outtatime

Is this current? I'm actually more interested that you still have a 900 in your station
There are two actually, both brand new with A/C and all. Both do heavy business routes that fill them up every day. What sucks about that is, after P1 the truck is almost empty and you get to drive that giant thing around the rest of the day in neighborhoods. Still better than the Isuzu's though.

vantexan

Where do you come up with your "you want people to work on their breaks" nonsense? Stop being so daft.
"Give them three months...yada, yada, yada...fire them." Gee, wonder how they'll get up to 98% when they couldn't before? True, if they're milking...But most couriers I've seen are trying their best.