GPS question

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Im thinking of buy a portable GPS and would like to know if they make one you can use for hiking and also for when you go on road trips that have the road maps. Or do i have to purchase 2 seperate ones...one for the car and one for hiking? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Im thinking of buy a portable GPS and would like to know if they make one you can use for hiking and also for when you go on road trips that have the road maps. Or do i have to purchase 2 seperate ones...one for the car and one for hiking? Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Check out garmin.com. I use the 405 watch for running and cycling. I'm pretty sure the watch would work just as well for hiking data, though you may need a different version that can hold map data.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I would say it depends on the kind of hiking you plan on doing. If you're just going to be doing some day hikes on established trails, you're fine taking a garmin nuvi for backup. If you plan on going to some wilderness areas where there actually is a chance of you getting lost, you might want to look into getting something like the eTrex.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Thanks for everyones help. I took your advice and went to the Garmin GPS store and got the Nuvi 550. Its more for the car but portable enough to take hiking with a 8hr battery time plus the topograhphic maps data card which shows everything i need. :happy-very: