GPS

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by writnup566, Oct 6, 2015.

1. writnup566

writnup566 New Member

Can anyone say for sure if Express powerpads(west coast) have GPS enabled now,so as to track couriers?

2. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

You doing shady stuff?

3. Downwardspiral

Downwardspiral New Member

When connected to the smartbase, powerpads are dumping GPS data. So something is being collected.

4. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

They've also mounted tiny cameras and microphones in the cab and cargo areas to monitor everything that's done and said.

Taking those onboard massive stinkies just got a lot more complicated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. I Am Jacks Damaged Box

I Am Jacks Damaged Box Well-Known Member

Lol.

6. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

The GPS on the STAR4 devices eats batteries for breakfast. It would really only be feasible if you're provided with an extra battery and a mobile battery charger.

7. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

The GPS doesn't have to run constant. To transmit location at the same time it transmits a stop wouldn't take much battery. Even setting it to transmit every 5-10 minutes wouldn't burn through batteries.

8. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

I don't believe the GPS app has intermittent functionality. Last time I played with it, it was either active (constant send/receive) or it wasn't. I'll grab a STAR4 tomorrow and monkey around with it.

9. EvanStone

EvanStone grindin

yes they have gps. they will know if you stop while on duty and get a hooker.

trust me, i know.

10. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Active Member

When the FIRST generation power pad rolled out, and before our station

11. Fred's Myth

When the FIRST generation power pad rolled out, and before our station received them, I had a manager ride with me who revealed that the GPS was accurate to within 5 feet, and that it would prevent us from mis delivering by way of audible warning. This was before Big Brother realized it's more sinister applications...falsifying deliveries being one of them. They know when and WHERE you are when you POD if they want to. Just a word to the wise.

12. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

That's great but still has flaws, if your POD for a stop is at xxx front st but the manifest says you should be at 2 west avenue for the POD it really means nothing because the gps doesnt know that the back of the building actually faces xxx front st

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

I was told management has the choice to enable it or not. I'm not sure but I think they have to let you know if they are turning it on, by law.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Your employer has to notify you before they can monitor you? Yeah, right.

15. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

The laws probably vary state by state.

16. Fred's Myth

While I haven't verified whether or not GPS is active at any given time, I do know my manager spent a day in his vehicle tracking down every single courier in his workgroup using it. Said he was impressed with how easy it was to locate someone with it.

17. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

There is a poster on this very forum who has advised us to NEVER change trucks at the behest of management because they contain clandestine audio and video recording devices.

18. 59 Dano

No, an employer does not have to notify you that he is monitoring the location of his electronic device.

19. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Who is that?

20. 59 Dano

Can't think of his name, but he looks a lot like you.