GPS

A

Anon

Anyone else going live with GPS on Monday? Heard something about a bullseye and the DIAD telling you your at the correct address.

1080Driver

Thats been in DIAD 4 for along time, just hidden on the menu. Supposedly they dont use it much because of the cost........??? In the Communications screen hit 8 & it'll give your position.

upsdude

We're going live Monday. Company says this will alert you if you're at the wrong address. BUT! They also said it works within 245 yards, folks, that's 2 and a half football fields. Shoot, I have areas on my route that several streets would fit into 245 yards. LOL.

1080driver................ This is different from the "follow your butt all day" GPS.

oldster

The Diad GPS is accurate to about two meters, but this enhancement is only designed to help reduce misdeliveries. The GPS coordinates of the delivery address are loaded as part of EDD in the morning. The 245 yards is an approximation and is intended to limit the amount of "warning" screens the driver will encounter. The hope is that misdeliveries will be reduced by 30% or better. The GPS in Diad4 is always on, but the transmition of real-time information is not available yet.

DS

Fenderbender
The Diad GPS is accurate to about two meters, but this enhancement is only designed to help reduce misdeliveries. The GPS coordinates of the delivery address are loaded as part of EDD in the morning. The 245 yards is an approximation and is intended to limit the amount of "warning" screens the driver will encounter. The hope is that misdeliveries will be reduced by 30% or better. The GPS in Diad4 is always on, but the transmition of real-time information is not available yet.
This post baffles me,2 "metres" is about 2 yards and 245 yards is 2 1/2 football fields and that indeed is a misdelivery.

oldster

Let me clarify. The "average" misdelivered package is around 1500 yards away. The 245 yard tolerance is a tradeoff between "catching" 30% or better of the misdeliveries and not giving the driver too many warning screens.

browniehound

Let me clarify. The "average" misdelivered package is around 1500 yards away. The 245 yard tolerance is a tradeoff between "catching" 30% or better of the misdeliveries and not giving the driver too many warning screens.
Let me get this straight. Is this what we as UPSER's are dealing with: I'm at 913 wyoming ave trying to deliver a parcel. The parcel , though is addresed to go to 56090 beverly hills drive. I scan the parcel at at 913 wyoming ave and it says "incorrect address". Is this technology possibly?

rngri4

The realtime information is out there......check with your IE and Center of the Future teams in your district, they can see the "dots" now on their maps, of each driver, the software kit, as I was told before I quit will be coming to dispatch sups and oms's before June or July it sounds like, still a few bugs to work out for them, but before I quit, I had a COF Supervisor show me his laptop, and I could track all my drivers from there, someone is watching right now in a lot of districts.

A

Anon

Thats been in DIAD 4 for along time, just hidden on the menu. Supposedly they dont use it much because of the cost........??? In the Communications screen hit 8 & it'll give your position.
I know about that but they told us they will now be using it to find out closest driver for OCA pick ups and something about a bullseye appearing on the screen either telling you your at the correct address or the wrong one. I didn't catch the entire PCM.

LKLND3380

We're going live Monday. Company says this will alert you if you're at the wrong address. BUT! They also said it works within 245 yards, folks, that's 2 and a half football fields. Shoot, I have areas on my route that several streets would fit into 245 yards. LOL.

1080driver................ This is different from the "follow your butt all day" GPS.

Cell phone GPS can pin point you within 20 feet...

Delivered

Most of our misdeliveries come when the Spa or Hin label does not match the Customer Generated label how will the Magically GPS know that. It will still be human error. Or after 10hours of work you are making delivery to 913 Main St and you should be at 931 Main St which of course is within 245yards of each other. Just another useless screen we are going to have to overide.

rushfan

I think it is imperative that the centers with the crappy PAS/EDD setup get fixed first before we start having DIAD tell us if we are at the right address. Look at how many packages are getting missed.

Also, the battery capacity of DIAD 4 needs to be increased. If you think your diad 4 battery died quick, just wait 'till the gps is enabled full time.

W

westsideworma

What the heck is a "Center of the Future" team? Did everyone get their new 100 year anniversary pin?

I believe it refers to PAS...at least thats when it was tossed around here (that term). If this is the future (at least in its current form) we're in trouble:lol:

dutchups

FYI
The pin is already on Ebay...

hasn`t arrived in Holland yet..

regards Dutchups
100upspin.jpg

DocBrown

Where you hit stop complete is the greatest determination of accuracy,Thus the large area. If the stop complete is completed at the location you are delivering at the circle of confidence will shrink.