Grandfathered into 3 year progression?

Bottom rung

Nope. Not here in the central. The sooner you realize you and your co workers were sold out. The faster you'll get over it.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Some of us were hired during the extension and every single one of us are on the new contract. They really bent us over and gave it to us good with the new contract, but it's okay the Union is looking out for us.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Anybody know of any locals where drivers that were hired under the extension of the old contract were grandfathered into the 3 year progression?
Nope. Union agreed to 4 year being retro active.

You're out of luck. It sucks but save yourself the stress and headache and just move on.

You're an off the street feeder driver I believe? Either way you're new and I can tell you right now I wouldn't be trying to make waves in the Union when you're a noob.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

All the language was retro, except for any "agreed too" improvements.

You're an off the street feeder driver I believe? Either way you're new and I can tell you right now I wouldn't be trying to make waves in the Union when you're a noob.

He's going to be popular with a "me-ster" type attitude.

Everybody, has to put in their time.

-Bug-

Bottom rung

You're out of luck. It sucks but save yourself the stress and headache and just move on.

Sounds like a bunch of drivers where I am. Because I haven't been her twenty seven years I shouldn't be making waves like getting on the 9.5 list and filing on it when I'm violated. But it's okay for them?. I shouldn't have a back bone until my co workers say it's okay to stand up for myself? Like it or not we're all in this together and comments like that will tear the union apart. They love division in the ranks. I say let him fight for it. If he wins...great. If not then maybe he can use it to raise awareness for the next contract negotiation.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sounds like a bunch of drivers where I am. Because I haven't been her twenty seven years I shouldn't be making waves like getting on the 9.5 list and filing on it when I'm violated. But it's okay for them?. I shouldn't have a back bone until my co workers say it's okay to stand up for myself? Like it or not we're all in this together and comments like that will tear the union apart. They love division in the ranks. I say let him fight for it. If he wins...great. If not then maybe he can use it to raise awareness for the next contract negotiation.
Not even remotely what I meant.

I mean I wouldn't come in butting heads with the guys that decide if I stay fired should something happen.

Not actual contract violations. By all means raise hell. The problem is when you start questioning your Union and you are new. Then they could be looking at you as more trouble than you're worth.

Addison Feeder Driver

I had 14 years and had to take 2 years off for a double fusiin on my spine from bouncing around in :censored2:ty trucks. Then I had to switch from 705 to 710 so starting progression again because my back cant handle city work.

Addison Feeder Driver

Bottom line is the senior drivers and retirees get screwed by the $400/month health care. The middle people get screwed by the Tue-Sat and Sun-Thur runs. The newer hures get screwed by the $10 pay cut after the 3rd year as opposed to the last contract.