Grandfathered into 3 year progression?

fres431

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1423620166.289896.jpg

Can someone translate this because it's kind of misleading "Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2013 who subsequently are promoted to full-time employment under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above progression." That's from the current national contract. I've been told by local center manager that employees hires before this contract took place get red circled..tho I don't trust him never can trust management 100%

The Milkman

Bottom line is the senior drivers and retirees get screwed by the $400/month health care. The middle people get screwed by the Tue-Sat and Sun-Thur runs. The newer hures get screwed by the $10 pay cut after the 3rd year as opposed to the last contract.
So true..Idiots like Brownmonster will someday be affected by their lame brain Yes votes. Too bad everyone else suffers because of alll the spineless Brothers and Sisters who are to timid to stand up to The Big Brown Machine that just keeps taking away little by little hard earned benefits fought for and earned by others in the Past

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I had 14 years and had to take 2 years off for a double fusiin on my spine from bouncing around in :censored2:ty trucks. Then I had to switch from 705 to 710 so starting progression again because my back cant handle city work.

I'm guessing that you didn't transfer between Locals.

Is that why you are going through progression again ? Makes more sense.

You can't blame anyone for assuming the noob status, when you talk about progression.

I was thinking you might have come from YRC freight.

What does my avatar have to do with union issues?

Nothing. It's a cute picture.

Too bad everyone else suffers because of alll the spineless Brothers and Sisters who are to timid to stand up to The Big Brown Machine that just keeps taking away little by little hard earned benefits fought for and earned by others in the Past

If you mean the people that don't bother to even vote.... I agree.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
View attachment 27526
Can someone translate this because it's kind of misleading "Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2013 who subsequently are promoted to full-time employment under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above progression." That's from the current national contract. I've been told by local center manager that employees hires before this contract took place get red circled..tho I don't trust him never can trust management 100%

That pertains to part-timers, whose part-time inside pay rate, exceeds the starting rate

for newly hired full-timers. Hence, the reason they are red-circled at their current rate.

That benefits long time part-timers, from taking a hourly pay cut when they go full-time.

-Bug-

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So true..Idiots like Brownmonster will someday be affected by their lame brain Yes votes. Too bad everyone else suffers because of alll the spineless Brothers and Sisters who are to timid to stand up to The Big Brown Machine that just keeps taking away little by little hard earned benefits fought for and earned by others in the Past
I vote on what effects me, as would you in the same situation. All you do is whine about how YOUR retiree health insurance is going up. Guess what, it's still cheaper then mine will be.

The Milkman

I vote on what effects me, as would you in the same situation. All you do is whine about how YOUR retiree health insurance is going up. Guess what, it's still cheaper then mine will be.

FYI..my benefits are great with or without your Yes vote.. 2 more years and I get kicked off anyway so...whoop dee doo...Our Local has one of the better plans because of members who stood up instead of bending over to Big Brown. Well at least you know you will be paying more in the future agreeing to accept a sub par contract...benefit increases...yes I will vote for that..oops."What was I Thinking?"

Addison Feeder Driver

The contract will effect you and you'll probably be bitching about it soon enough. Since you voted "Yes" though you have no right to complain when you see how bad you're friend'd.