Grandpa Upstate

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Labor is the toughest thing your wife will ever go through and it would be very selfish of you to not be there in the delivery room to help her through it. The range of emotions she will go through will floor you. She will both love and hate you at the same time. You will hear "you did this to me!" more than you would like.

You will regret it for the rest of your life if you choose not be there for your wife when she really needs you. Dave.
I'll likely be there but we have had the discussion. She deserves someone very sympathetic to be there to help her through it. I simply am not. She would be better served to have someone that will treat her like she deserves to be treated.

She's also really struggling with if she wants an epidural or not. Which if it's no I sure as hell don't want to be there lol jk.

Brownslave688

Anyone seen or heard from Over9five lately? How about Cachsux? Fethrs and AJ are AWOL. Even the holier than thou Texan is nowhere to be seen. Photog has been lying low all week. STUG and Dilligaf have apparently moved on. 705Red, Menotyou, Stink.....need I go on?
Yes I have a feeling we likely have many that have became lurkers and not active posters anymore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

May I suggest that both you and her Mom take turns helping her through labor?

That's they way my daughter wants it----her Mom and husband. Mom is an RN.

The choice whether to get the epidural is a tough one. It's best if she doesn't but that is clearly her choice.

Brownslave688

May I suggest that both you and her Mom take turns helping her through labor?

That's they way my daughter wants it----her Mom and husband. Mom is an RN.

The choice whether to get the epidural is a tough one. It's best if she doesn't but that is clearly her choice.
Lol her mom funny you say that. Authorities will be called if she pulls into the parking lot.

The epidural questions come from the fact that she adminsters them and every possible one in a billion scenario has been drilled into her head.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'll likely be there but we have had the discussion. She deserves someone very sympathetic to be there to help her through it. I simply am not. She would be better served to have someone that will treat her like she deserves to be treated.

She's also really struggling with if she wants an epidural or not. Which if it's no I sure as hell don't want to be there lol jk.
Dula ?
Almost all first timers say they don't want an epidural....most change their mind quickly!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The birth of our two children is by far the best thing to ever happen in my life and it would have sucked had I been stationed overseas at the time and not been there to be a part of it.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

I probably wasn't everything my wife needed me to be during her labor of our two boys but, to hold her hand and witness our progeny take their first breath...

That's a miraculous thing. You NEED to be there for that.

Sent using a Potato

moreluck

golden ticket member
Men waited in the waiting room.....or they went out to buy cigars. That's the way things were when I had kids. Men weren't allowed into the birthing process.