Grass is soooo much greener @ article 22.3 job

article22

Banned
15 year package car driver get tired of the bs and bids a art 22.3 job!!!
The first thing you will say is you lost alot of $$$$$$!!! True!!!
If anyone else can afford to do it, get out of driving while u can!!!
I no longer wake up with a sore back , neck , shoulder , feet , knees etc!!!!
I now have a very easy job with alot of down time!!!
Same pension!!!
Same benefits!!!
Better life!!!!
I have seen too many of my co-workers die/get perm inJured on the job!!!!
If you cant live off of $26 an hour you are doing something wrong!!!!!

texan

Same pension!!!
Same benefits!!!
Better life!!!!

By the way sorry I can not answer or comment on your post. I am not qualified.
Others with more knowledge will though.
Forgive us that the first replies seem off subject.
Regards texan

bellesmom

Same pension!!!
Same benefits!!!
Better life!!!!

I sincerely hope your 22.3 job isn't "dissolved", you're not placed on split shifts and basically treated like dirt by everyone as happened to 118 of us. Good luck!

UPSGUY72

It doesn't matter what job you work It's only gets as Greene as u want it to be. For some people being a FT package car driver is greener than being in feeders or a 22.3 job.

It's all what you make it.

brownelf

every 22.3 job thats been put up for bid in this building has been taken by a package car driver for the last few years. Not one has regretted doing so...

If it was a bid position like Ovah's I would prob do it just to take a break from the stress. But,if it's allowed here (not 100% sure) I think it's permanent and I'm not buying that without a test drive.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If it was a bid position like Ovah's I would prob do it just to take a break from the stress. But,if it's allowed here (not 100% sure) I think it's permanent and I'm not buying that without a test drive.
Check to see if you have test drive period.

U

uber

In my area 90% of the 22.3 jobs are twilight/night. Do you really want to work from 5pm til 2:30am for the rest of your career?

brett636

I was originally 22.3 before I went into feeders, and honestly you couldn't pay me to go back. It wasn't the money that was the problem, it was the fact that the combo jobs in my building were being eliminated as they were vacated making it impossible to move up to a better job or start time. In my building when part timers are allowed overtime they are still cutting the combo workers out at their 8 hour mark, and depending on your supervisor can involve just as much harassment as package car. I personally I think 22.3s are only kept around to be used as a bargaining chip if the contract negotiations start to go south in a serious way. If you are a package car driver and want a less stressful job that doesn't involve as much physicality as your current position go feeders if you can. Its the same amount of money and a lot less stress than a combo job where you are still lugging boxes all the time. I understand going 22.3 if that is your only escape from package car if you want out, but I just don't believe the grass is really that much greener.

article22

Banned
I'd rather work overnight than be running all day!! I have 2 relaxed jobs with a lot of down time!!! My hub is rather large and there are hundreds of article 22 jobs!! I think I'm pretty safe if they ever do cut any of them!! I tried to wait for feeders but it takes about 20 years here and then you are the bottom guy forever. We have 1970 seniority old folks that won't retire!!