Great day in new england

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Affter years of waiting here for a deep unjustice to be righted,BIG JIM ED RICE #14 will enter the hall of fame ! Thee most feared hitter in the game from 1975 till 1987 all home runs came on his God given talent with no juice!! this man never cried about striking out and never talked of himself in 3rd person,gave 100% on the field every single day!!! We lost 1975 series cuz he was hurt!!
images
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is a great day right Heff,Brownie ,Ovah95, new englander, Paid over in Maine, Big Baboo & upstate lets all take off and go up to Cooerstown & celebrate another great sox player!!!! #14 on right field facade by opening day!!!! WOW!!! what a great day!!!!

Last edited:

browniehound

Affter years of waiting here for a deep unjustice to be righted,BIG JIM ED RICE #14 will enter the hall of fame ! Thee most feared hitter in the game from 1975 till 1987 all home runs came on his God given talent with no juice!! this man never cried about striking out and never talked of himself in 3rd person,gave 100% on the field every single day!!! We lost 1975 series cuz he was hurt!!
images
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is a great day right Heff,Brownie ,Ovah95, new englander, Paid over in Maine, Big Baboo & upstate lets all take off and go up to Cooerstown & celebrate another great sox player!!!! #14 on right field facade by opening day!!!! WOW!!! what a great day!!!!

Jim Rice, Hall of Famer! Should have been sooner but I'l take it now. He deserves it! JIM RICE hall OF FAME!

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
I'm watching a Tribute to Jim Rice on NESN as we post! I remember growing up playing ball, my Dad was the coach. So I had first dibs on uniform numbers. Which number did I pick....#14 of course!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
There is no way Jim Rice should have been hanging around on his 15th try. The sad thing is he basically just sneaked in by a 7 votes. It doesn't matter though, he finally is getting in.

I hope this also opens the door for more 80's players to get in. If people are going to bash the steroid era, than you have to get some of these great players in that don't have the softball stats.

Covemastah

Rice is a gentleman and a great speaker,I liked when he said he wouldn't speak about managment or speak negative to the reporters about his team mates.He would never give in to the press looking for dirt on any one!! Also in the interview I liked the way he paid tribute to YAZ...Evans & Pesky.Just a classy guy all around...

Covemastah

oh, a lou pinella fan ,were ya?
Do you remember the FISK / PINELLA FIGHT IN 76 that started a war then Mickey Rivers and some one else dragged Bill Lee over to first base line and jumped on his shoulders til Jim Rice came over and took out Rivers ..That was one hell of a brawl . Bill Lee was never as good after that..

P

pickup

Do you remember the FISK / PINELLA FIGHT IN 76 that started a war then Mickey Rivers and some one else dragged Bill Lee over to first base line and jumped on his shoulders til Jim Rice came over and took out Rivers ..That was one hell of a brawl . Bill Lee was never as good after that..

was that someone else Craig Nettles?

Big Babooba

I remember watching that game. What a brawl!
was that someone else Craig Nettles?
I believe it was.

My brother was at Fenway the day the Yankees returned. He was sitting in section 8. He was impressed with Mickey Rivers' ability to dodge golf balls.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have to disagree about El Tiante--objectively I don't think he warrants Hall consideration.

Took way too long for Rice.

Rickey deserved it--just ask him--he will tell you.

P

pickup

saw this in the newspaper today. link will only be good for today, but enjoy! I particularly like the third panel as the teamsters get an honorable mention.
- it is the jan 13th Get Fuzzy comic strip and it is red sox related

diesel96

If you ask Red Sox catcher Carlton Fisk, I think he would cuss that Ricky Henderson stoled the Hall of Fame bid on his first try...:wink2:

Covemastah

UPSTATE,, your probaly right on Tiant, I guess yah cant vote from the heart!! I'll tell you one thing though the guy would deliver when he played for the Sox! In a big game here,I would of taken him over Clemons {I had a blister] any day!! And Ricky Henderson,,never saw a more selfish player than him.. I'm sorry,Wade Boggs how could I forget ! My bad..