green checks

local804

I used to have employees that would tell me that their wife was going to give birth to their child and instead of taking Family Leave they would like to take their four weeks vacation consecutive starting the day after their child was born, and I would grant it. You guys start griveing things like this and I guarantee a higher power will outlaw this practice.

The employer may require the employee to substitute accrued paid vacation or paid leave for part of the leave period. Under past practice, all employees were forced to use the majority of their time off in the bank. Why would you think its your choice to grant it or not as a part time suit? The problem with giving you a choice and not following a set guideline is the favoritism factor. We will do it for Joe Blow because he keeps his numbers up and Joe Brown who filed a grievance is s@it out of luck.

local804

I agree with you SOCKS, but does the guy not have the right to get paid fot the vacations?

The employee in many past practice cases has used his sick time and vacation time in the bank towards the fmla. This is the reason why vacation switching is not used during the fmla. We actually have a percentage of paid time off in the bank we have to use for this federal law. It seems like some one needs to go to the dept of Labor and get some compliance assistance.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I agree with you SOCKS, but does the guy not have the right to get paid fot the vacations?
It's my contention that he be paid the Friday before the originally scheduled vacation. Anything beyond that is a favor and should be viewed as such, as is the switch of the vacation time. Rock the boat and there will be no boat to rock.

local804

It's my contention that he be paid the Friday before the originally scheduled vacation. Anything beyond that is a favor and should be viewed as such, as is the switch of the vacation time. Rock the boat and there will be no boat to rock.

Why would it not be 2 weeks before like everyone else?

UPSSOCKS

Because management switched the vacation to help him out. If he wanted to be paid two weeks before his vacation then he shouldn't of switched it. He should of kept the vacation he scheduled in the beginning of the year.

UPSSOCKS

The employee in many past practice cases has used his sick time and vacation time in the bank towards the fmla. This is the reason why vacation switching is not used during the fmla. We actually have a percentage of paid time off in the bank we have to use for this federal law. It seems like some one needs to go to the dept of Labor and get some compliance assistance.

You aren't too bright are you... It's ok I understand... I will explain this so you are not confused... An employee picks two vacation weeks in April, and two in July. You still following me? He finds out his wife is due in September. He asks if it is ok to move all his personal days, and vacation time that he had previously scheduled to September so that he can take MORE time off to be with his family, and still get full pay. Some people try to take two months off to be with their newborn.

UPSSOCKS

We will do it for Joe Blow because he keeps his numbers up and Joe Brown who filed a grievance is s@it out of luck.

Yes that is 100% accurate. Joe Brown doesn't get favors because he a loser and a trouble maker.

I am all for favortism, it is the only way left to reward the good employees. I turn a blind eye to things they do and concentrate on the lazy employees and try to ride them out of town.

Last edited by a moderator:

UPSSOCKS

It has taken from September until now, but I finally agree with Socks on an issue. I'll equate it with "the blind squirrel theory". What a logistical nightmare it must be to manage the vacation schedule.

That's why it is such a big deal to switch. The time that goes into the vacation schedule is unreal, especially at a hub where 1,000+ people are employed. It's funny people pick their vacation weeks in December, and in February everyone is trying to switch them already. It's a headache. Guys like local 804 will be the cause of "the switch" becoming a myth.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

The two week thing came into being to give the company time to reconcile any discepancies and avoid penalty pay.
They aren't required to do it, it is simply in their best interest.
You technically aren't other than whole until you clock out on the last day before your scheduled vacation.
That's when I believe a grievance becomes valid on this issue.

local804

Yes that is 100% accurate. Joe Brown doesn't get favors because he a loser, much like yourself, and a trouble maker.

I am all for favortism, it is the only way left to reward the good employees. I turn a blind eye to things they do and concentrate on the lazy employees and try to ride them out of town.

:) I cant post a building name but can enjoy a personal attack from a supervisor :)

local804

That's why it is such a big deal to switch. The time that goes into the vacation schedule is unreal, especially at a hub where 1,000+ people are employed. It's funny people pick their vacation weeks in December, and in February everyone is trying to switch them already. It's a headache. Guys like local 804 will be the cause of "the switch" becoming a myth.

Now this is where once again I prove you wrong, Yes ONCE AGAIN. The contractual agreement says ALL VACATION start on November first and be finalized and posted by December 1 !!!!!!!!!!!! How are people going to pick vactions during the December month and plan it for the first few weeks in January. get a clue.

UPSSOCKS

:) I cant post a building name but can enjoy a personal attack from a supervisor :)

Your not being attacked and I am not a supervisor. Do you feel victimized? You are a Joe Brown aren't you. Maybe you should try to file an Article 37, so I can wipe with it.

UPSSOCKS

Now this is where once again I prove you wrong, Yes ONCE AGAIN. The contractual agreement says ALL VACATION start on November first and be finalized and posted by December 1 !!!!!!!!!!!! How are people going to pick vactions during the December month and plan it for the first few weeks in January. get a clue.

That's correct higher seniority pick in November and Lower Seniorities finish picking what's left in December. Then people pick weeks in January to enjoy their vacation. What is so hard to understand?

Last edited by a moderator:

local804

You aren't too bright are you... It's ok I understand... I will explain this so you are not confused... An employee picks two vacation weeks in April, and two in July. You still following me? He finds out his wife is due in September. He asks if it is ok to move all his personal days, and vacation time that he had previously scheduled to September so that he can take MORE time off to be with his family, and still get full pay. Some people try to take two months off to be with their newborn.

I think the employee should know in January that his little miss is expecting in September and file ASAP like the contract says. He will have plenty of time to have his banked vacations (April and July) used towards his time in September. He even gets 10+ more days May 1 he can use. There is another good chance his seniority date is between all of this and he can use those weeks towards it also. There is no need for switching vacations when the fmla will work perfectly.

local804

That's correct higher seniority pick in November and Lower Seniorities finish picking what's left in December. Then people pick weeks in January to enjoy their vacation. What is so hard to understand dummy...

The vacation picks are finalized and posted December 1!!!!!!