green checks

UPSSOCKS

Yesterday morning a woman approached me about her daughters upcoming wedding. She said that it was spur of the moment, and that she needed a week off from work. I asked her when the Wedding was and she informed me that it was in May. If I made the change this week, I could probably get the vacation paid normally, two weeks prior to the vacation. She also stressed that she could use the extra pay because she needed some extra money to help with the wedding expenses. As I was going through the vavcation scheduler, this thread entered my beautiful mind. I walked out into the operation and told the employee, that it is not possible to change your vacation anymore. I told her that I might be able to give her the thursday and friday of that week off but she would have to use personal days. But wait she burnt her personals already. Now she has to go unpaid.

Prior to this thread I would of changed that vacation in a heartbeat. The employee would of had the week off to help her daughter get ready for the wedding, and had some extra cash to maybe take some friends out to dinner, that came in from out of town. BUT you people saved me from making that mistake. You remind me time and time again that you only care about yourself. You are more worried about petty grievances than actually taking care of everyone in the union as a whole. Your not a brotherhood. Your a bunch of seperate families called locals, and none of you care about each other. Most of the locals are divided now too... Brotherhood my butt...