Green checks

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upslesbian, Jan 17, 2015.

1. upslesbian

upslesbian New Member

Does a green check come in the mail or is it direct deposit in to the bank account?

2. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

It used to be a live check even if you had direct deposit, but it's been quite a few years since I've gotten one so that might have changed.

3. upslesbian

upslesbian New Member

Oh okay thank you , I think it's a live check since its not in my bank account

4. chris9834

chris9834 Member

When ive gotten 1 when they messed my pay up they would send it next day air to my house...and a couple times they just gave it to me at the building the next day and one time 2 weeks later.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If you request a green check be cut asap they will overnight it to your house----all others are processed and distributed with the regular payroll.

6. Kae3106

Kae3106 Active Member

Manual checks (green checks) are always live checks. Due to a payroll system limitation, they can't be direct deposited.

7. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

I got one not too long ago, and it was waiting for me at work when I got in, and it was live check. It was also blue, not green.

8. Kae3106

Kae3106 Active Member

Yeah, the color of the check stock was changed many, many years ago but the phrase "green checks" still survives with those who have been around for a while.

9. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

That part of my post was just to be goofy. I do remember them being green, too.

10. upslesbian

upslesbian New Member

Got it yesterday when I walked in to work