Greeting the boss

NXA

Miserable people make other people miserable. A greeting and a smile is a *free* way to alleviate some of the misery.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
You should speak to all management as if they are your equal.

They should already know they don't have any actual power, but this gently shatters any illusion.

Gear

Parts on Order
My passing greeting is, "Whats up?" Other then that, I dont talk to management unless they ask me a direct question. Plus I work with a guy who's always up their butts, so he keeps them informed with any info.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I don't talk to them on purpose and I like it that way. Mine seems to friend with the ones that joke around try to be friends with him. I got plenty of friends already.

rod

Retired 22 years
For me it all depended on who was the center manager at the time. Some of them had a sense of humor and some didn't. I had one who called everybody "Meat" because he said we were just bodies to him. The funny thing was you could talk back to him in his own language and was one of the better ones I worked with. During the strike of 1983 he even ran an extension cord out to us so we could watch 8mm smut flicks on the side of a UPS trailer.

9.5 everyday

It seems I may be the exception here, but I see and talk to my center manager nearly every day. He seems to be a pretty good guy and doesn't micro manage. Pretty personable and from talking to him one on one, I don't have a problem telling him when s#!+ is friend'ed. Don't get me wrong, he is by no means perfect, but surely the best I've seen work our building.

Rainman

Its all good.
Always. They're people just like us. You don't have to agree with them to be decent. Keep the line of communication open, don't burn bridges. You can do this without being a doormat. You might be surprised how decent management is.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I 'm courteous and I extend the respect I want extended to me. I'd rather hit them with a Velvet Covered Fist than to be crass ,low class and give them teh behaviour they expect from us.

1080Driver

Our current center manager has no respect/regard/appreciation/consideration for his drivers (especially his higher seniority drivers) so ZERO back in my eyes. If he wants to talk to me, it's only on the clock with my steward............sad we've progressed to this

That being said, there's other center manager's we've had that I'd have over for Thanksgiving dinner

wayfair

swollen member
They already know I'm going to make some money for them. Just got to do it.... don't mess up my day and you'll be taken care of... start friend*in the game and welp, numbers start to go to sh*

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
In my case is what the classic, "he started it." I am open to treat everyone fairly but when the new boss comes rolling into town with an agenda and guns a blazing.....Nope, homey don't play that.
I'm not saying you have to invite them over for dinner. But a little friendliness isn't asking for much.

Even the drivers I know don't trust me because of a title I show respect and courtesy towards. It creates good will. People change, I'd rather be nice and hope it changes for the better than play the hate game and never have a shot to improve the relationship.

browner89

Yesterday I was walking into the building and my boss said Good Morning. I quickly responded "Good morning, and by good morning I mean fu** you" and kept walking. His jaw dropped then I heard him laughing his ass off.

Do you talk to management or avoid it?

Very small building here, management treats union like people, management is well liked, I talk to my FT sup like that all the time because he knows it's all fun. Don't know the center manager as well, and we half serious/half joking talk straight down on our PT sups. They're idiots but they aren't :censored2:s.