Greeting the boss

ManInBrown

Ive only been around a few months, but my center manager is really cool... constantly making jokes, doesnt really nitpick too much, and just wants safety above everything else... Everyone who's been there, and that works in other centers, seem to really like him too... Cant complain, but unfortunately he is retiring next year.
Enjoy him now. When he leaves it's a guarantee the next one is going to be a real A-hole

Cementups

Box Monkey
Would a cordial manor be a very polite upscale home?

That may be your weakest attempt at humor ever.

KEwjzF.gif

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
An article I dug from the Chicago Tribune up said it affected 13 states and we were out 2 weeks. I must have been day dreaming about it being a nation wide strike.
I have a retired driver friend that was a part timer during that strike. Not sure what it was about.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have a retired driver friend that was a part timer during that strike. Not sure what it was about.

I can't remember what the big stink was back then. Could have been when they (UPS) wanted to start a different pay scale for part timers and we were trying to stop that. So much for that plan.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I can't remember what the big stink was back then. Could have been when they (UPS) wanted to start a different pay scale for part timers and we were trying to stop that. So much for that plan.
Kind of like a two tiered pay scale? The nerve.

YouOver

The current manager where I'm at has fired over 10 people in the last 3 months alone- I just walk by.... He's so miserable- he just looks like his life really sucks.... Because of his attitude it's emboldened the on car sups and they now talk to us like we are children. I've had to put 2 of them in check just this week.
It's now the worst it's ever been in my short time here (15 years). They violate the contract daily, tell lies, and disrespect Union people all day everyday. It's a horrible place to work. Management thinks up new ways to screw us and drivers use everything in the book to screw them- it's just bad all around- and the Union, well-that's a joke...

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The current manager where I'm at has fired over 10 people in the last 3 months alone- I just walk by.... He's so miserable- he just looks like his life really sucks.... Because of his attitude it's emboldened the on car sups and they now talk to us like we are children. I've had to put 2 of them in check just this week.
It's now the worst it's ever been in my short time here (15 years). They violate the contract daily, tell lies, and disrespect Union people all day everyday. It's a horrible place to work. Management thinks up new ways to screw us and drivers use everything in the book to screw them- it's just bad all around- and the Union, well-that's a joke...

Take him out to Dairy Queen and treat him to a Blizzard.

YouOver

Take him out to Dairy Queen and treat him to a Blizzard.
I'd rather take him out to my neighborhood and treat him to something else.
He makes a lot of money to do a job a trained monkey can do, his wife is a real actual professional and makes a lot of money, why's he so miserable? But like I always say, you never know what people have going on in their lives. Wife is probably a fat sweat hog, kids might be strung out, who knows. He could have retired years ago- but when he leaves what will he be? An old white guy. At UPS he has the power to ruin people's lives- he talks to people like they're stupid here, whereas in any other scenario in life he wouldn't look them in the eye much less speak to them.
There's always Karma. Who knows, maybe one day his daughter will come home with a UPS driver and say "Daddy, this is Carlos and we're in love-and I'm pregnant"..... Life is funny that way!.. Lol

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I'd rather take him out to my neighborhood and treat him to something else.
He makes a lot of money to do a job a trained monkey can do, his wife is a real actual professional and makes a lot of money, why's he so miserable? But like I always say, you never know what people have going on in their lives. Wife is probably a fat sweat hog, kids might be strung out, who knows. He could have retired years ago- but when he leaves what will he be? An old white guy. At UPS he has the power to ruin people's lives- he talks to people like they're stupid here, whereas in any other scenario in life he wouldn't look them in the eye much less speak to them.
There's always Karma. Who knows, maybe one day his daughter will come home with a UPS driver and say "Daddy, this is Carlos and we're in love-and I'm pregnant"..... Life is funny that way!.. Lol

This post reveals more about you than it does your manager. Do you see yourself as a Hood Rat?

YouOver

This post reveals more about you than it does your manager. Do you see yourself as a Hood Rat?
Let me guess, you're a supervisor right? Old white guy maybe? There's so many people like you at UPS it's crazy....there's always after work and my own time.
Midwest? Trailer park dweller? You the confederate flag guy? Funny people.... Lol

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Let me guess, you're a supervisor right? Old white guy maybe? There's so many people like you at UPS it's crazy....there's always after work and my own time.
Midwest? Trailer park dweller? You the confederate flag guy? Funny people.... Lol
Are you bigoted toward old white men?

Sure sounds like it.

YouOver

Nah, it's just that UPS is like Mount Everest; the higher you go the whiter it gets....
Everybody that is a miserable, nasty person that no one likes just happens to be an old white guy- over here; not sure how it is in the rest of the country.
Sorry... Don't really want to offend old white guys-this country was made by old white guys.