Greivance

You maybe right, but in my experience of the 400 drivers I've worked with few drivers enjoy the challenge of doing new routes cold. If I had my way, I would do a new route everyday.

rod

Retired 22 years
You maybe right, but in my experience of the 400 drivers I've worked with few drivers enjoy the challenge of doing new routes cold. If I had my way, I would do a new route everyday.
And make scratch diong them:) I think I finally know who that "Super Driver" that management was always talking about that made the rest of us look like slugs is. Trouble with coming back on your route the next day was dealing with all the send agains and driver complaints this character could generate.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Yes, because mgmt has to be paid more than the hourly for the incenitve togo into mgmt.

I know when I almost took the plunge to go into full time management several years ago I was going to have to take a hefty pay cut. All management people I know took a pay cut when they first went in.

govols019

You smell that?
I've never filed a greivance in 18 years...But have had over 200 filed on me by the save few people...Never had one paid. If you comunicate with the company professionally and not the union you get so much more done...Every time they filed a greivance they were sorry the next day. I loved it.:lol:

You, sir, are full of crap.

mikestrek

I've been with the company now for 23 years and I have never filed a greivance. I've always believed our center was a non-union center. Our shop stewart hangs out with our management and gets all the perks he can get. Nice automatic package car, Low stop counts, days off. I know if I complain about a problem I won't get backed up. Don't get me wrong. I'm a proud teamster and I wish we had a union and shop stewart like most of you.