grievance claim delay

benny k

how long can fedex delay a grievance claim? I turned in my paper work in the right amount of time and got a letter back stating that i would hear from someone within 5 days and that my appeal would be reviewed within 21 days that was on the 5th of may but they decided not to review my appeal until the 20th of june . This whole appeal process has taken nearly 4 months to complete.....Is this normal?

bacha29

With no union binding union contract that puts some teeth into your grievance process your grievance isn't worth the paper it's written on . With no contract and no binding arbitration process there is no protocol in place that requires a time line for when it will be heard. I think I can tell you where your grievance is right now........ In the circular file.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
how long can fedex delay a grievance claim? I turned in my paper work in the right amount of time and got a letter back stating that i would hear from someone within 5 days and that my appeal would be reviewed within 21 days that was on the 5th of may but they decided not to review my appeal until the 20th of june . This whole appeal process has taken nearly 4 months to complete.....Is this normal?
Grievance? Are you Ground or do you mean the GFT process? If you're Express, they drag it out but it will eventually be heard. Nothing moves quickly at Express except the packages.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Grievance? Are you Ground or do you mean the GFT process? If you're Express, they drag it out but it will eventually be heard. Nothing moves quickly at Express except the packages.

As bacha29 said, we don't have a grievance process. GFT/Open Door is a total joke because it's you vs the entirety of FedEx, particularly FedEx Legal. It is in no way a substitute for a real grievance process, Weingarten Rights etc.

What the FedEx process does is give the company an opportunity to let you incriminate yourself, and to have your claim reviewed by Legal. Simply put, if you can win a lawsuit against them, your "grievance" might be won. Otherwise, you are up :censored2: Creek.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
As bacha29 said, we don't have a grievance process. GFT/Open Door is a total joke because it's you vs the entirety of FedEx, particularly FedEx Legal. It is in no way a substitute for a real grievance process, Weingarten Rights etc.

What the FedEx process does is give the company an opportunity to let you incriminate yourself, and to have your claim reviewed by Legal. Simply put, if you can win a lawsuit against them, your "grievance" might be won. Otherwise, you are up :censored2: Creek.
Not always true. I know of two people who were fired, GFT'd and got their jobs back recently. One was very cut and dry and the mgr did everything by the book.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not always true. I know of two people who were fired, GFT'd and got their jobs back recently. One was very cut and dry and the mgr did everything by the book.

As far as you know. I'm not saying "always" because sometimes people DO get their jobs back, have letters overturned etc, but it is fairly rare and at the whim of management. My point, which seems to have been lost, is that this "grievance process" is all on FedEx terms, which makes it pretty worthless IMO.

In a real grievance process, you, your manager, and the shop steward sit down and discuss the matter, and the union has your back and it's own lawyers. It all has to follow the contract, and your steward knows (or should know) if management is pulling a fast one. These so-called Weingarten Rights protect you from management abuse.

benny k

I meant gft but it has taken over 3 months for me to get a final decision. I have no idea how this can be fair treatment. I was basically told that some higher up got fired and that they where short staffed and needed another month to make a decision on me. I always thought these things took no longer than a month

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I meant gft but it has taken over 3 months for me to get a final decision. I have no idea how this can be fair treatment. I was basically told that some higher up got fired and that they where short staffed and needed another month to make a decision on me. I always thought these things took no longer than a month
They're feeding you a load of crap.

This is a company built on lies and excuses. Never forget that.

benny k

well this is the last paper i got from fedex on may 5 2016

This is to acknowledge that your request for a review of your concern by the appeals board in accordance with the step 3 of the gft procedure has been recieved by the hr compliance department. our goal is to ensure timely processing and review of all step 3 gftp appeals. However additional time is needed to process your step 3 gft case and ensure your issues of fairness are addressed.

As a result your step 3 gft will be reviewed by the appeals board within the next 21 days. Your case been assigned to me for reviewI and processing . I will be contacting you to discuss any issues or concerns regarding your case. If i i have not contacted you in the next couple of days, please feel free to give me a call at the number listed below.

You will also receive written notification of the appeals boards decision immediately following the review of your case. The appeals boards decision is final and binding on the employee and the company......

well here it is the june and nothing back

bacha29

The keywords here are " appeals board". We all know who the people are who sitting on the appeals board. Same situation over at Ground. There is binding arbitration but Ground reserves the right to choose the people who will comprise the arbitration panel. The result is that the worker/contractor has very little chance of prevailing. bennyk will never receive the fair hearing he is entitled to.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

This is to acknowledge that your request for a review of your concern by the appeals board in accordance with the step 3 of the gft procedure has been recieved by the hr compliance department. our goal is to ensure timely processing and review of all step 3 gftp appeals. However additional time is needed to process your step 3 gft case and ensure your issues of fairness are addressed.

As a result your step 3 gft will be reviewed by the appeals board within the next 21 days. Your case been assigned to me for reviewI and processing . I will be contacting you to discuss any issues or concerns regarding your case. If i i have not contacted you in the next couple of days, please feel free to give me a call at the number listed below.

You will also receive written notification of the appeals boards decision immediately following the review of your case. The appeals boards decision is final and binding on the employee and the company......

Did you call the number?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
As far as you know. I'm not saying "always" because sometimes people DO get their jobs back, have letters overturned etc, but it is fairly rare and at the whim of management. My point, which seems to have been lost, is that this "grievance process" is all on FedEx terms, which makes it pretty worthless IMO.

In a real grievance process, you, your manager, and the shop steward sit down and discuss the matter, and the union has your back and it's own lawyers. It all has to follow the contract, and your steward knows (or should know) if management is pulling a fast one. These so-called Weingarten Rights protect you from management abuse.
It's obvious the GFT is on FedEx's terms. Anyone who believes otherwise would have to be stupid. MY point was that I've seen GFTs overturned. So it does happen.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Why would you feel the need to tell me we don't have a grievance process? I obviously know that already. You are preaching to the choir.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's obvious the GFT is on FedEx's terms. Anyone who believes otherwise would have to be stupid. MY point was that I've seen GFTs overturned. So it does happen.

Obvious to most people. You "get it", but a lot of others do not, hence my explanation. You'd be surprised how many employees think that X is going to treat them fairly.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Can we assume you have been fired and are trying to get your job back?