grievance claim delay

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Obvious to most people. You "get it", but a lot of others do not, hence my explanation. You'd be surprised how many employees think that X is going to treat them fairly.
I tell anyone, ESPECIALLY new people, FedEx is not your friend. It's a paycheck with some benefits. Always CYA and do what's best for YOU. When it's said and done, FedEx will kick you to the curb and replace you quicker than you can blink an eye. And you will be forgotten in no time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I tell anyone, ESPECIALLY new people, FedEx is not your friend. It's a paycheck with some benefits. Always CYA and do what's best for YOU. When it's said and done, FedEx will kick you to the curb and replace you quicker than you can blink an eye. And you will be forgotten in no time.

Exactly.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Not always true. I know of two people who were fired, GFT'd and got their jobs back recently. One was very cut and dry and the mgr did everything by the book.

Yep. Three accidents in a year, driving on an expired license...

It's amazing how little it takes to get a termination overturned.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yep. Three accidents in a year, driving on an expired license...

It's amazing how little it takes to get a termination overturned.

Yeah, someone in that category deserves to get canned. But we're not talking about the obvious ones here. How many people does FedEx can, who don't really deserve it? Lots, and you effing know it.

bacha29

You had the same situation over at Ground. You were a so called " independent contractor' but if you didn't march in lock step if you stood up for yourself they were then looking for a way to get rid of you. That's why they hated single route contractors. They didn't have a kings ransom tied up in it and could walk away with little economic loss . They were the ones who gave X fits. With the SR's now gone those who remain would face dire economic loss if they didn't get in line and answer to their master's every beckon call.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
well this is the last paper i got from fedex on may 5 2016

This is to acknowledge that your request for a review of your concern by the appeals board in accordance with the step 3 of the gft procedure has been recieved by the hr compliance department. our goal is to ensure timely processing and review of all step 3 gftp appeals. However additional time is needed to process your step 3 gft case and ensure your issues of fairness are addressed.

As a result your step 3 gft will be reviewed by the appeals board within the next 21 days. Your case been assigned to me for reviewI and processing . I will be contacting you to discuss any issues or concerns regarding your case. If i i have not contacted you in the next couple of days, please feel free to give me a call at the number listed below.

You will also receive written notification of the appeals boards decision immediately following the review of your case. The appeals boards decision is final and binding on the employee and the company......

well here it is the june and nothing back
Same little trick that the legal department often uses. Drag it out and drag it out so you'll either just give up or quit.

Give your manager a business card from a lawyer that specializes in employment matters and see how fast that lights a fire under the asses of the upper management concerned.

Keep fighting!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Amen!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
how long can fedex delay a grievance claim? I turned in my paper work in the right amount of time and got a letter back stating that i would hear from someone within 5 days and that my appeal would be reviewed within 21 days that was on the 5th of may but they decided not to review my appeal until the 20th of june . This whole appeal process has taken nearly 4 months to complete.....Is this normal?
Call your B.A.

Oh wait that won't work

benny k

Same little trick that the legal department often uses. Drag it out and drag it out so you'll either just give up or quit.

Give your manager a business card from a lawyer that specializes in employment matters and see how fast that lights a fire under the asses of the upper management concerned.

Keep fighting!
the extra time was the 21 days but it has been 20 more days since then

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I meant gft but it has taken over 3 months for me to get a final decision. I have no idea how this can be fair treatment.
Oh, you must've been under the mistaken assumption that the 'friend' in GFT stood for "fair". Common mistake, don't feel bad.

Now you know what it actually stands for.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In other words, you have no idea.

Actually, I do. I have seen many people unjustly fired over the years because X held all the cards and the employee couldn't afford an attorney or didn't have the smarts to fight them.

The FedEx disciplinary system is completely tilted in favor of the company. My observation over the years is that if you have something that is legally actionable or is blatantly against policy, you might get your job back or have that OLCC and/or letter overturned. Pretty doubtful.

My attackers wonder why I continue to rail against FedEx. I do it because they are corrupt, morally bankrupt, and unjust in the way they pay, treat, and particularly, discipline employees. It is an arbitrary process that is 100% in management's court, and there isn't anything we can do except lawyer-up or try and fight it through the GFT/Open Door system, which is absolutely a joke and in the control of FedEx management and Legal.

You come on here and lie like a rug about how great FedEx is, and pretend that only the people who deserve to get fired suffer consequences. Sorry, but that isn't how it really works, and you know it.

Lots of employees are tossed out like trash every day.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Actually, I do. I have seen many people unjustly fired over the years because X held all the cards and the employee couldn't afford an attorney or didn't have the smarts to fight them.

The FedEx disciplinary system is completely tilted in favor of the company. My observation over the years is that if you have something that is legally actionable or is blatantly against policy, you might get your job back or have that OLCC and/or letter overturned. Pretty doubtful.

My attackers wonder why I continue to rail against FedEx. I do it because they are corrupt, morally bankrupt, and unjust in the way they pay, treat, and particularly, discipline employees. It is an arbitrary process that is 100% in management's court, and there isn't anything we can do except lawyer-up or try and fight it through the GFT/Open Door system, which is absolutely a joke and in the control of FedEx management and Legal.

You come on here and lie like a rug about how great FedEx is, and pretend that only the people who deserve to get fired suffer consequences. Sorry, but that isn't how it really works, and you know it.

Lots of employees are tossed out like trash every day.

Interesting.

So FedEx is a vengeful punitive monster that can, will, and does routinely cast employees to the street for the most minor of infractions -- yet they still keep you around???

You make less and less sense as time goes on.

vantexan

Interesting.

So FedEx is a vengeful punitive monster that can, will, and does routinely cast employees to the street for the most minor of infractions -- yet they still keep you around???

You make less and less sense as time goes on.
Finally! You finally get it. You forgot to mention you're clamped firmly to the monster's teat.