Grievance for inappropriate talk at work!

SafeYARDdog

If this guy has been a feeder driver for 25yrs he should know that yard control and dispatch don't communicate with each other. Heck sometimes dispatchers don't communicate with each other, automated arrivals and departures helps, (they can't dispatch 2 drivers w/one trailer). I driven around buildings looking for trailers that had already left. Anyway, if this guy continues to be rude try talking to a steward, and if that doesn't work go to HR and complain about a hostile work environment.

Myself, if someone said :censored2: you to me it would be snowing in July before I gave him a hand. If I was shifting and another driver TOLD me to put a dolly in front of a trailer, I might tell him to try asking "please".
I agree that adding a simple "PLEASE" always work.
When i started shifting, i helped out with so many dollies that made my dispatch sup mad (obviously since i delayed the move he sent me).
Good feeders i ve met try to handle it them self even they don't have pintle hooks on their tractors (I back up a pub with a dolly behind easily but it will take a little bit more time for sure).
Lazy/ less self-respecting one will wait on the avenue to ask for help every single day. Thanks y'all.

watdaflock?

My first grievance after 2 years and if it was out side, i would kick his ass.
I ll appreciate any advice to make the grievance valuable. Best!
MNguyen.
0f1a943b015527debb9a11e216166b5f34d49c450720b748d781763d406f0312.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Last night, one of the senior Feeder driver (25 years safe driving or something) said ":censored2: you" to me.

You seem kind of "new" to the trucking industry.

I intend to file a grievance

Grievances are filed against management for contract violations, not against coworkers because you get offended.

Someone, trying to win a popularity contest (with long standing Union Members)

Wouldn't take that route.

-Bug-

Pink Slip

As a feeder driver, there is opportunity to get into binds in the yard often (trailers too close together, cant get to landing gear, not enough room to make a turn with a set or rail trailer, etc) A shifter can be your friend. I used to keep snacks in my lunch designated for just such a situation. They would literally race each other in the yard to get to me first, knowing there was a bag of skittles or a ho-ho in it for them. lol.
P.S. Sometimes there are shifters that don't know Jack either.
You treat your guys like dolphins. You shove snacks down their throats and watch them do tricks in the yard.

SafeYARDdog

to be more blunt.

you file a grievance against another driver and you will be toast.

you can gather more bees with honey than with vinegar.
Thank you olroadbeech. You are great.

You seem kind of "new" to the trucking industry.

Someone, trying to win a popularity contest (with long standing Union Members)

Wouldn't take that route.

-Bug-
I am new and don't have any plan to get out on the road or become a long standing union member.
Thanks for all informative comments. Always good for me to know more. :)

SafeYARDdog

As a feeder driver, there is opportunity to get into binds in the yard often (trailers too close together, cant get to landing gear, not enough room to make a turn with a set or rail trailer, etc) A shifter can be your friend. I used to keep snacks in my lunch designated for just such a situation. They would literally race each other in the yard to get to me first, knowing there was a bag of skittles or a ho-ho in it for them. lol.
P.S. Sometimes there are shifters that don't know Jack either.

i guess he is cruising in Mexico Gulf and dreaming about the fun time treating other individual like his DOGs.
You treat your guys like dolphins. You shove snacks down their throats and watch them do tricks in the yard.

Hello,
Last night, one of the senior Feeder driver (25 years safe driving or something) said ":censored2: you" to me. That guy is rude and every time he asks for help, he uses command (another shifter told me that). The scene is: He came to me after i padded a trailer from a door "This trailer is supposed to be at door xxx, why did you move it? I need a dolly in front of it!" --> "Excuse me, are you asking for help or is that a command?", i gave him a big laugh after he repeated with an aggressive tone "Can you move a dolly?". We all know the ending.
I intend to file a grievance, probably won't help but i think it would be fun to see what's going on. My first grievance after 2 years and if it was out side, i would kick his ass.
MNguyen.

Ps: I have met so many nice feeders and rarely say No when others need help.BTW there are always a certain amount of feeders who don't know Jack.
You don't file a grievance on that.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Hello,
Last night, one of the senior Feeder driver (25 years safe driving or something) said ":censored2: you" to me. That guy is rude and every time he asks for help, he uses command (another shifter told me that). The scene is: He came to me after i padded a trailer from a door "This trailer is supposed to be at door xxx, why did you move it? I need a dolly in front of it!" --> "Excuse me, are you asking for help or is that a command?", i gave him a big laugh after he repeated with an aggressive tone "Can you move a dolly?". We all know the ending.
I intend to file a grievance, probably won't help but i think it would be fun to see what's going on. My first grievance after 2 years and if it was out side, i would kick his ass.
MNguyen.

Ps: I have met so many nice feeders and rarely say No when others need help.BTW there are always a certain amount of feeders who don't know Jack.

I call complete BS on this post as I have never heard of or seen a Vietnamese driver at UPS. Any that we have work in accounting or sales.