Grievance for inappropriate talk at work!

10 point

A soft answer turns away wrath.
Just because the other person is a loser it doesn't help to respond like a loser.

Do you have the right to get his mind right? Possibly.
Will it help this jerk to be respectful? No.

I used to think a lady that worked on my route was just a rude person (and she was) until I found out that her husband was in prison for drowning her newborn child while she was at work.

You never know what someone is carrying around emotionally.

It makes you more of a man to walk away or to answer rude comments with a humble tone.

SafeYARDdog

A soft answer turns away wrath.
Just because the other person is a loser it doesn't help to respond like a loser.

Do you have the right to get his mind right? Possibly.
Will it help this jerk to be respectful? No.

I used to think a lady that worked on my route was just a rude person (and she was) until I found out that her husband was in prison for drowning her newborn child while she was at work.

You never know what someone is carrying around emotionally.

It makes you more of a man to walk away or to answer rude comments with a humble tone.
You are right. I ll do that.
I have encountered with him several times ( for the past 7months) and he doesn't change much.
Thank you!
PS: This thread is a little bit derailed. How to close/ end it?

10 point

You are right. I ll do that.
I have encountered with him several times ( for the past 7months) and he doesn't change much.
Thank you!
PS: This thread is a little bit derailed. How to close/ end it?
Don't worry about it. They're always derailed sooner or later.
Just let us know if it gets better. This is the Brown Cafe venting site. Better to vent than to explode.lol

UPSGUY72

Hello,
Last night, one of the senior Feeder driver (25 years safe driving or something) said ":censored2: you" to me. That guy is rude and every time he asks for help, he uses command (another shifter told me that). The scene is: He came to me after i padded a trailer from a door "This trailer is supposed to be at door xxx, why did you move it? I need a dolly in front of it!" --> "Excuse me, are you asking for help or is that a command?", i gave him a big laugh after he repeated with an aggressive tone "Can you move a dolly?". We all know the ending.
I intend to file a grievance, probably won't help but i think it would be fun to see what's going on. My first grievance after 2 years and if it was out side, i would kick his ass.
I ll appreciate any advice to make the grievance valuable. Best!
MNguyen.

Ps: I have met so many nice feeders and rarely say No when others need help.BTW there are always a certain amount of feeders who don't know Jack.

Grow a set this isn't going to be that last time your offended in life so get use to it. In the real world you can't run to your mama you have to deal with it yourself.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Back in the day when I was a newbie swing driver, an old, crusty driver used to dump his NDA on me. I would help him out but would have to break off my area, run a couple of miles out of my way, to make service. Then this driver went on vacation and I covered his route. The air stops he would dump on me were only a few blocks out of his way. The next time I ran next to him he tried to dump that air and I politely yet firmly told him to pound sand because he was closer than I was. He looked shocked that I stood up to him and it never became an issue ever again. Later we worked well together and I was one of the few swing drivers he wouldn't complain about running his route.
When you encounter a crusty old timer, be firm and respectful. If you let them walk all over you or be a jerk back to them, you lose.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
can-of-whoop-ass.gif