Grievance question on sup working

dillweed

Thanks for your input tie. I've blended back into the mass of non-troublemakers for now.

Slacker's now being carried by the guy beside her. Hope he has a stong back.

Champ_Here

sheet it missed
same damn thing is happening to me right now... check this out though, the sup actually told me that it's in our contract that if time is conflicting with our customer service, then management is allowed to do union jobs. right away that sounded wrong so I called my shop steward... filing my grievance tonight. my sup worked almost an hour and a half this week while we're under staffed. I'm currently loading our busiest feeder trailer by myself with about 400 pieces an hour. it's a lot harder than the management thinks. seems like alls they understand is numbers.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

same damn thing is happening to me right now... check this out though, the sup actually told me that it's in our contract that if time is conflicting with our customer service, then management is allowed to do union jobs. right away that sounded wrong so I called my shop steward... filing my grievance tonight. my sup worked almost an hour and a half this week while we're under staffed. I'm currently loading our busiest feeder trailer by myself with about 400 pieces an hour. it's a lot harder than the management thinks. seems like alls they understand is numbers.

Typical lies.

Listen to this one; on Columbus day, managers (supposably higher-ups) were telling part-timers who don't know any better , that they were not making time-and-a-half for hours worked on the Holiday. These intentional lies were interestingly at the same time volume is/was down and they wanted 30 people to go home before their 3 1/2, or before the shift started. It worked, alot of newbies and don't know betters went home!

Nothing surprises me anymore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Typical lies.

Listen to this one; on Columbus day, managers (supposably higher-ups) were telling part-timers who don't know any better , that they were not making time-and-a-half for hours worked on the Holiday. These intentional lies were interestingly at the same time volume is/was down and they wanted 30 people to go home before their 3 1/2, or before the shift started. It worked, alot of newbies and don't know betters went home!

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Hate to burst your bubble but Columbus Day is not a UPS holiday. We trade Columbus and Veteran's Day(s) for the day after Thanksgiving.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Does anyone else remember when supervisors used to walk around the building with a box that had a shoe print on it looking for the shoe that made the mark? Same supervisors are now standing on packages cracking the whip or breaking jams and even loading. Look, I'm okay if I have absolutely no egress whatsoever, and he cleans up my side, or breaks jams for me when it's slammed, but they take it to far.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Hate to burst YOUR bubble - but here it is.

"The following shall be recognized as paid holidays and all full-time seniority employees shall be paid eight hours straight time pay - NYD, Memorial Day, Independence day, Labor Day, COlumbus day , Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after thanksgiving day, Christmas day, and Dec 31. Part-time employees paid (4) hours.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

It peeves me to think that management would hand down those lies when anyone (here in NE!) knows better than to be sent home on a Holiday and not take in the bread except the uninformed.

helenofcalifornia

Columbus Day is not a holiday on the West Coast. Just another regular working day here. Paid straight time. the Feds and the State recognize it as a holiday. I think, for UPS, it's just an East Coast thing.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Columbus Day is not a holiday on the West Coast. Just another regular working day here. Paid straight time. the Feds and the State recognize it as a holiday. I think, for UPS, it's just an East Coast thing.

Not in the Atlantic Area. Just another workday here as well. Must be a North East thing.